Do you want to know more about about online learning? The pages in the online and distance learning web site have been developed to help you find out what it is, the difficulties, the advantages, where you can find suitable programs, and more …
Online learning is becoming increasingly popular. It is such a convenient mode of study for many people, especially those who are working and do not wish to take time off work to attend campus for their studies.
In this web site, teachers can find out more about how ICT is changing classroom education, the social media tools that are facilitating so many of the changes, and obtain tips and resources for their own teaching.
Students can find out more about how you learn by online distance learning (e.g., in tips for learning online) and obtain help in finding a suitable distance learning online program or a school that offers the program you want, and more …
About online learning for students
Are you a student wanting to know more about what distance learning is all about? Or how new ICTs are changing classroom education? Or are you wanting to find out about online programs in a particular discipline, or about college admission, or financing for your studies, or free education? This section of the web site tries to help you find some answers.
What is online learning?
In these difficult financial times, there has been a massive increase in the number of learners wanting to know more about taking their studies at a distance using elearning (online learning) technologies. Not only is learning online usually more affordable, it is also more convenient for these distance education learners.
What is important to recognize is that anyone can register for online courses and earn their degrees. In this manner, they can study full time or part time, if they have other responsibilities. Many people have found that this is the best way to start a new career or complete certain credits they were lacking in their degree, while they maintain their current job.
But one of the good things about elearning is that it is not only used in distance education programs – it is also used for campus-based programs.
What is the difference between online learning and distance education?
Distance education has been a method of learning for individuals wanting to study at home for at least one hundred years, starting with correspondence learning (home study) via postal mail. With the greater use of computers and the Internet, it is now possible to offer distance education programs using only the online modality. In fact, distance education programs in the US and Canada use online learning so much, that for many people distance education is thought to be only about elearning.
But in reality, not all distance education programs are offered offered totally online. In fact, many distance education programs use a mix of modalities in that they also refer the learner to physical books. However, even these books are increasingly available online.
In many developing countries where the availability of computers and access to the Internet cannot be assumed, distance education very often still uses a mix of hard-copy study guides, books and attendance at weekend classes. There are many initiatives to try to change the problems of access to ICT, e.g., “One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)”, so that those countries can also reap the benefits of using ICT in learning.
So why all the fuss about elearning?
New information and communication technology (ICT) has made online learning or elearning possible, in which learners can participate in interactive learning using audio and video-conferencing, email, chat and computer-conferencing. The distance learner can now have almost the same instructional contact and interaction as the student on campus. This is why distance learners want to know more about studying programs online.
But elearning is not just the province of distance education. It is also used in campus-based education. The on-campus student can now have another modality to use in addition to the lecture and tutorial. So on-campus students and teachers also need to know more about elearning. This Online and Distance Learning web site also has a section on campus schools and programs.
List of schools and online programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration - Project Management
- MSHUS- Family and Community Services
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Master of Arts in Government - Law and Public Policy
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- And more...
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Internet Marketing, Master of Science (Online)
- Music Production, Bachelors of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- And more...
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Computer Information Science (Associate's)
- Accounting (Associate's)
Located in the heart of Washington, D.C., the Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is dedicated to advancing the health of local, national and global communities. Established in 1997, the Milken Institute SPH brings together the fields of medicine, business and education to develop professionals with the skills and knowledge to tackle complex global health challenges.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree to be qualified for this school.
- Executive Master of Health Administration
- Master of Public Health
We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ® Start your career education with Daymar College Online. We offer certificate, diploma, associate, and bachelor's degree programs for careers in the business, medical, legal, and computer technology fields. Our programs offer hands-on education and classroom discussions.
- Medical Assisting - Administrative, Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
- Criminal Justice, Diploma
- And more...
- Veterinary Assistant
- Certified Dog Trainer Instructor Course
- Grooming Instruction
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)