In order to work in the banking industry you will need to understand all aspects of the business and finance as they relate to the local communities. A banker will asses the funding needs for many situations, which will include real estate, small businesses, and international trade as well. Also a banker will need to have the ability to assist their customers and be able to communicate with them effectively.
There are bachelor degrees available for this type of career for anyone who may be interested in this particular field. Banking degree programs prepare students for the many aspects in regard to banking, which also shall include credit analyst, loan officer, branch manager, investment banker and financial planner. This page has details about the programs, where they can be taken, what the prospects are, and more … You might also be interested in a finance program or an accounting program.
What is studied in banking degree programs?
All students will need to have a high school diploma or the equivalent before ever being able to enroll into this kind of degree program. There are many schools that will want to take into consideration other items, like an applicant’s ACT/SAT score, high school GPA and also a personal recommendation.
The course work for the degree will cover a wide range of subjects so to prepare a student for graduation. Courses will include: Statistics, financial accounting, bank management, communications, credit analysis, international banking and business, financial planning, market research and investments.
A student will gain the good communication skills, that will be both written and verbal, which shall be needed to help interact with their customers. The graduates will also need to have the ability to make and also choose the right decisions in regard to finance, marketing and management.
What are the prospects for graduates?
According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics that about 63 % of jobs within this industry will go directly to bank tellers. Their average wages are quite rewarding. The ones who have their banking degree can get positions as a loan official with a high yearly salary that is expected to increase with experience. In time, the graduate shall become eligible to perform duties within a financial institution that will include lending, cash management, managing the banks employees, accounting and budgeting. They will be able to work at banks, loan lending offices and many financial institutions. Graduates with an MBA in Banking will be able to apply for better positions than those with only a bachelor degree.
It is being reported that by the year 2016 that the opportunities in this industry will increase by 3 to 10 percent making it a very sought-after career for those who wish to become involved in the banking industry. The BLS is reporting that the job outlook is quite promising for management and administrative positions in this kind of industry.
List of schools and programs
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Finance (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park. We offer an online master of business administration program through our Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- MBA - Finance
- MBA - Accounting
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - Financial Analysis
- MBA - Finance
- BSFIN - General Finance
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Finance
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
- B.S. in Accounting
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- And more...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- Master - Finance
- Master - Professional Accounting
- BS - Accounting