Business management is concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. There are lots of organizations that employ people in this type of position, whether it is a small company, a retail chain or a huge corporation. And within the larger companies there are separate departments with managers. This job will also climb in salary based on the number of years experience, number of people managed and size of company. In most cases the level of education attained, combined with a proven track record in employment, will determine your suitability for a position.
You can study starting at an associate degree in business management right through to a masters degree in business management. Many people take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration) Program with a management specialization, which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs can get better jobs and higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. This page is to help you find out more about business management programs, what the courses are, what careers are possible, and what you can earn.
What is studied for business management?
The trends for this type of position may range based on the type of education and the number of years experience that someone has. Training can be provided online or in person. There are also part time courses that can help someone develop their learning over a longer stretch of time. Whether someone gets their minimum training or masters will also influence the pay.
Some schools offer business management as Bachelors of Science with various management strands, such as Management, Global Business Management, Project Management, Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship, and many others.
It is possible to take management in an online Business Administration program. Relevant courses in such a program include: strategic management, organizational management, HR management, finance and accounting, microeconomics, and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in majors including: Project management, Health Services Management, Hospitality Management, Operations Management, Security Management, and HR management. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) programs and in doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects?
Picking a career may not be easy, however earning a degree in business can certainly broaden the possibilities. This particular skill can lead someone in many directions. They may be a project manager in a huge company, factory or corporation. The skills learned through a degree can also be used to work in a human resources department overseeing the operation of the department.
A retail manager will need to have the skills learned through a degree. The manager would need to have administration experience, the ability to monitor and supervise staff members as well as run the store. Marketing expertise may also keep the store profiting as it should.
An IT project supervisor will be responsible for many IT positions and the work load. They will assess the work, tackle the problems and oversee some of the work of other staff and employees. With a crew to run and all of the issues riding on their choices, it can be a very profitable and rewarding career.
A general manager will take responsibility for all staff, jobs and potential sales. They will deal with troubling issues, preventing issues and helping to maximize growth. The areas that this field will cover will help someone expand their capacity and use every venue possible to build up a strong company.
The pay for jobs in business management may vary considerably. Someone who works in retail as an assistant may earn from 27k to 46k, a retail manager could find themselves earning 32-58k. A project manager may earn 48-83k, with the top earners sitting around the 78-107k range for IT managers. Finding jobs with a degree in business management that pay well may take some time and research.
List of schools and programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management General Concentration (Executive Format)
- Associate of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Management
- And more...
Sullivan University is a private institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment opportunities for the intellectual, social and professional development of its students. The institution offers career-focused curricula with increasing rigor from the certificate through diploma, associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree levels. Throughout those curricula, the university seeks to promote the development of critical thinking, effective verbal and written communication, computer literacy, and teamwork as well as an appreciation for life-long learning, cultural diversity and the expression of professionalism in all activities. At the graduate level, the university also seeks to promote a culture of research.
- Associate of Science in Business Management
- Master of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Concentration in Management
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Accelerated General MBA
- Project Management - BBA
- Project Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Take a step forward in your career with Bryan University. We offer a number of associate degree and diploma programs that can be completed online and on campus at our locations in Missouri, Arkansas, and Kansas.
- Business Administration and Management
- Business Administration
You’re serious about success. Especially when it comes to pursuing an associate, bachelors or master’s degree you need to move your career forward. At AIU, the Serious U™, classes are taught by industry specialists who bring their real-world perspective to the classroom and will work with you one-on-one when you need it.
Powerful specialized curriculum
- More courses devoted to your field of interest, on average than at other similar schools
- Study anywhere, anytime and the way you learn best
Credit for work and military experiences to fulfill degree requirements
- You can transfer in up to 75% of your qualifying credits saving you up to 75% on your bachelor’s degree
Cost and value
- Our program costs include all required books, materials, and student fees
- No application cost
American InterContinental University® is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learning Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org.
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Associate of Arts Business Administration
Discover the power of ONE COURSE A MONTH® to fit education into your busy life. Brown Mackie College’s ONE COURSE A MONTH® schedule lets you focus on your course work one subject at a time.
- Associate of Applied Business in Business Management
- Bachelor in Business Administration
- Bachelor in Business Administration-Management
- Masters in Organizational Leadership-Organizational Development
- And more...
- Business Administration Management
- Oil & Gas Administrative Assistant
Baker University’s School of Professional and Graduate Studies has designed high-quality, innovative programs that are consistently recognized as offering great value. Tuition is affordable, but most important, earning a degree from a prestigious private university is an investment that will never depreciate.
First choice for busy adults
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Associate of Arts in Business
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership
- And more...