This page links to campus universities and campus colleges in Canada and the US. It also provides some advice on choosing a suitable campus.
How do you choose which university or college to go to? There are several aspects to consider, including: subject area, personal visits, location, finances, extra-curricular activities, accommodation, learning support and the advice of others.
Clearly, you need to first find those universities and colleges offering campus training or campus study in the subject you are interested in. It is also important to check how strong the universities are in your chosen subject. Check the courses offered and the list of staff and their qualifications. But if initially you are not too clear about the exact subject you wish to study on campus, list those colleges and universities offering the general area of your interest.
The list of campus universities and programs at the foot of the page should help you find suitable schools. You can also use the search forms on this web site to help you a college campus or a university campus near you. The rest of the criteria listed below should narrow down the list.
Personal visits to campuses
In order to help make a judgement on each of the following criteria, you really need to visit each school campus on your list. Most university and college campuses organize open days, tours and talks. The admissions department of each university or college can usually provide details.
Location of campus
Most students prefer to find a campus within driving distance of home as this reduces the cost of returning home whenever required. They also prefer to be within the same state as this often has fee and other financial implications. Campuses are also located in very different settings. College life in an urban university is very different to that in ones located in college towns.
The cost of your higher education is clearly an mportant factor. You need to find out about and consider the difference between public and private fees, in-state versus out-of-state fees, and the financial aid that maybe available for a college or a program.
Although your primary aim should be to get your academic qualification, extra-curricular activities are also an important part of the university experience. Find out about:
- the student-mix – male:female ratio, national:international ratio, ages;
- social life – what is available and where is it based?
- music – orchestras, choirs, bands;
- sports – teams and the ranks, facilities available.
Most students seem to prefer to live in university or college dormitories or similar accommodation on-campus, especially in the first year. So you will need to find out about the quality and cost of these. Also find out about the quality and cost of renting privately-owned accommodation in the area. Checkout student views about this on the forums.
Learning resources and support at campus universities
In order to achieve your learning goals, you need effective learning support. So you need to look at class size, qualifications of academic staff, libraries, computer access, Internet access. You also need to consider health and welfare facilities.
The views of others
The campus school prospectus or website will give you a lot of information on the university or college. But for independent views on life at the different campuses you are interested in, try reading students reviews and comments on the Internet.
List of schools and programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Digital Filmmaking & Video Production (BS)
- Fashion Marketing & Management (BA)
- Fashion Retailing (C)
- And more...
- Began in 1899 as Draughon’s Practical Business College.
- Features campuses that are heavily engaged in their respective communities, providing professional service from students and faculty.
- Offers financial aid, scholarships, and counseling for both active and post-duty military students.
- Has 15 campuses across the United States, as well as 4 art institutes in North Carolina and Texas.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Leadership (MS)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- And more...
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Virginia School of Massage, that career can be yours.
- Professional Massage Therapy Program
Aviation Institute of Maintenance schools are distinguished institutes committed to the education and personal enrichment of each student interested in the Aviation Industry. Students can succeed in our collegiate environment when properly motivated and taught to set goals in furthering their education. All aspects of our mechanic school are enriched with creating an atmosphere conducive to learning, while instilling a high degree of business ethics and professionalism.
- Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Aviation Maintenance Technical Engineer
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Diesel Technology
- Heavy Equipment
- Collision Repair and Refinishing
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice : Juvenile Justice
- Master of Science : Accounting - Finance Specialization
- Bachelor of Science: Health Care Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Psychology (BA)
- Liberal Arts (BA)
- Class "B" Training and Bus Training
- Class "A" Training
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Motorsports Technology - Diploma
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Residential Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning
- Diploma - Business
- And more...