You probably need to know about educational administration and leadership if you want to progress in a career in school or college management. These degree programs, (and variants such as educational management and administration) are designed to enhance your expertise and career potential in school and college administration.
Most people who choose this specialization are already licensed teachers or school administrators wishing to further their career in administration. So the specialization is usually only offered at graduate level, e.g., as an education administration masters, or an educational leadership doctorate. This page is about the programs, where they can found, the career prospects aftre graduation, and more ….
What do educational administration and leadership programs cover?
Online degrees in this area are designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator. A typical masters program might include: education policy analysis, school law, roles and responsibilities of the principal, finance and budgeting, educational psychology, management, community relations, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What jobs do the programs prepare you for?
Graduates of educational administration are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of schools and programs
- Grand Canyon University - Where a Quality Education and Faith Coexist
- Recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- We support students through their academic and spiritual journey.
- GCU offers the convenience of online, on-campus, or evening programs.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
Technology changes everything®
You’ve found Ashford University, where school comes to you. Ashford delivers relevant degree programs to you everywhere, any time, with a supportive community where you belong.
- MA/Education - School Leadership in the 21st Century
- MA/Education - Family and Community Services
- BA/Early Childhood Education Administration - Infant and Toddler Care
- And more...
An accredited online university, Capella University offers bachelor’s, master’s/MBA, doctoral, and certificate programs designed to take you to the forefront of your profession. Our competency-based curriculum delivers foundational knowledge and real-world skills, so what you’re learning is immediately applicable to your career. We serve more than 36,000 students from the U.S. and around the world and offer more than 140 graduate and undergraduate specializations and 20 certificate programs.
- MS - Leadership in Educational Administration
- EdD - Educational Leadership and Management
- EdD - Teacher Leader in Digital Transformation
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
Founded in 1959, California Lutheran University's dedicated, accomplished faculty works with small classes of students who are open-minded—and are seeking to grow as individuals. Everyone at Cal Lutheran is committed to helping each student pursue their passions to discover their purpose, and follow that purpose to transform their community—and the world.
- Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Leadership
- Master?s of Education (M.Ed.) in Teacher Leadership
- Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership (including K-12 specialization)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Organizational Leadership (EdD) (Online)
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Educational Specialist in Educational Leadership
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching & Mentoring
- Educational Specialist in Leadership in Mathematics Education
- And more...
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Master of Science in Higher Education : College Administration and Leadership
- Master of Science in Higher Education : Student Affairs