You probably need to know about educational administration and leadership if you want to progress in a career in school or college management. These degree programs, (and variants such as educational management and administration) are designed to enhance your expertise and career potential in school and college administration.
Most people who choose this specialization are already licensed teachers or school administrators wishing to further their career in administration. So the specialization is usually only offered at graduate level, e.g., as an education administration masters, or an educational leadership doctorate. This page is about the programs, where they can found, the career prospects aftre graduation, and more ….
What do educational administration and leadership programs cover?
Online degrees in this area are designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator. A typical masters program might include: education policy analysis, school law, roles and responsibilities of the principal, finance and budgeting, educational psychology, management, community relations, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What jobs do the programs prepare you for?
Graduates of educational administration are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of schools and programs
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- One of the first fully online M.Ed. programs to be accredited by TEAC (Teacher Education Accreditation Council)
- Courses within 6 distinct education specializations use real-world deliverables aligned with industry-specific objectives
- Specializations include elementary education, secondary education instructional design and technology and more
- AIU’s M.Ed. uses a proprietary adaptive learning engine to provide individualized content delivery not available at this scale in other online programs at this time.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed: Curriculum & Instruction: Leadership
- Master Degree in Educational Leadership
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership - Learning with Emerging Technologies
Liberty University provides a world-class education with a solid Christian foundation, equipping men and women with the values, knowledge, and skills essential for success in every aspect of life.
A liberal arts institution with 16 colleges and schools, Liberty offers programs in fields such as medicine, religion, law, aviation, cinematic arts, psychology, business, and more. Part of the Big South Conference, Liberty fields 20 NCAA Division I athletic teams and 32 Club Sports teams, offering fans an unparalleled college sports experience.
- Educational Specialist - Educational Leadership
- MA in Education - Administration and Supervision
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- Educational Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- Instructional Leadership - PhD in Education
- And more...
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Higher Education - Student Affairs
- MS in Higher Education - College Administration and Leadership
Rooted in the 1,500-year-old Benedictine tradition, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body, and spirit for all members of its community. At University Campus, at education centers, and through the Center for Online Learning, Saint Leo University offers a practical, effective model for life and leadership in a challenging world; a model based on a steadfast moral consciousness that recognizes the dignity, value, and gifts of all people.
- Education Specialist in Educational Leadership