Executive assistants get to take part in the action of businesses that aspire to do great things. You work directly with the CEO or other business leaders to help the company achieve their goals. You deal with agendas and everything that keeps the office moving at a steady and reliable pace.
By completing suitable executive assistant training, you will be better placed to begin working in this field. This page tells you about what is required, what you can earn, and more … You might also like to check out the Secretary Training and Office Administration pages.
Executive assistant training
There are training programs available both on-campus and on-line and they vary in length. It really depends on what field you hope to work on and what career aspirations you have. Distance learning can work well for this field since you will be doing a lot of your work using a computer once you are out in the work force.
Because of the nature of such a career, you do not usually need much experience to get into the program. You get all of the training you need, so a demonstration of skill is not necessarily required- but this will depend on the school you choose to apply to. Some do request that you come into the program with at least one year of experience in an office, while others merely require that you have a High school education.
In your training you should get hands on learning, and graduate with organizational skills, self-motivation and the ability to work without supervision, the ability to participate in professional communication, and an understanding of technology that you may end up working with. Secretarial and office support skills are essential especially when you plan on working at an executive level.
Most programs will offer you access to these skills and required knowledge so that you will be successful in an ever-changing office environment. The interpersonal, technological and communication skills that are important for success should be offered no matter where you choose to go to school. Be sure to ask if you are not sure of what is being offered to you so that you take control of the education you will receive and make the most out of your money. Compare the course content of several programs before deciding which to take.
The prospects after training
Most executive assistants are the support system for high level executives and in this position you might be referred to as an executive secretary. An entry level position can begin a long and fulfilling career with a company you you are loyal to because you work on the front lines. You will typically work a 40 hour work week at a desk. Sometimes, you will even be travelling with the person you work with.
Some specialized executive assistant jobs can be found at medical or law firms, and even schools or colleges. The average executive assistant salary is over forty thousand and you can always work your way up the salary and job role chain. Priority for the good, high-paying jobs will go to candidates with training and experience working with software and presenting yourself in a professional manor.
Suitable training can really help you get the executive assistant career that will satisfy you and make you enjoy going to work. There are many jobs to apply for (over 1.3 million in the United States), and if you have the qualifications necessary to work with the biggest and the best, you open yourself up to great opportunities.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Office Management
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).