Every business has a necessity for an individual with expertise in finance. Some of the different fields that relate to this are accounting, credit analysis, financial planning and financial analysis. The formations of new businesses in the future will greatly increase the demand for financial education to ensure the success of the businesses.
Finance degree programs lead to many career options with positive outlooks. This page helps you find out more about the programs, what the courses are, and what you can expect to earn. You might also like to check out the pages on financial planning, and banking. If you want to take a finance program on-campus instead of online then try also the on-campus section of the web site.
What is studied in finance degree programs?
In order to work in financial fields it is necessary to earn a degree in finance. There are four different degrees that can be earned; an Associates, Bachelors, Master’s and Doctorate. An Associates typically can be earned within two years. A Bachelors requires three to four years of education. After getting a Bachelors, one or two more years of school can achieve a Master’s or four to six more years of school can achieve a Doctorate.
In a Financial program, there are a variety of courses that must be taken. These courses include math, business management, accounting, marketing, banking and risk management, economics, and computer science classes related to finance. It is also very important for a person in financial programs to acquire problem solving and critical thinking skills.
What jobs are there for graduates?
There are many job choices for graduates depending on which degree they earn. An Associates can help get an entry-level job at a bank or other business. A Bachelors is a requirement for most companies in order to work in financial related fields. A Master’s, also known as an MBA, can lead to the best job opportunities in a financial related field. With a Doctorate, an individual has the ability to teach at junior colleges, universities, and other schools relating to business.
After receiving a financial degree, a graduate has many options. He or she can choose to open their own business or work in a financial position at a company. There are many financial positions offered by different companies. People working in credit analysis are responsible for examining financial information to help a business decide if a customer should receive credit. Financial advisors recommend how a business can best spend their money. A financial analyst considers a business’ funds and decides how they should invest or spend their funds. Regardless of which avenue a graduate decides to take it is beneficial to receive a Chartered Financial Analyst certification through the CFA Institute. This will allow for the best opportunity for advancement in financial fields.
What are the prospects for finance careers?
There are many finance jobs that have a positive outlook for the future. Financial managers are one of these jobs. According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 539, 000 Financial Manager jobs in 2008. Of these jobs, 31% were with finance and insurance companies. The amount of jobs in this field of finance is expected to grow 8% from 2008 to 2018. A majority of Financial Managers earn between $72,030 and $135,070.
Another career that has a positive outlook for the future is Financial Analyst. There were 250,600 Financial Analyst jobs in 2008. There is expected to be a 20% increase in jobs from 2008 to 2018. Most financial analysts earn between $54, 930 and $99, 100.
No matter which way a person chooses to go regarding a financial degree, it is evident they will have many different options. With an increase in the number of financial jobs, also comes an increase in the amount of people trying to earn those jobs. The higher a person goes with their education, the better chance they will have with the competition for financial jobs. It is a lot of work; however, in the end it will pay off.
List of schools and programs
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.