Human services professionals are responsible for providing support and creating support structures for people in the community. They work alongside social workers, doctors, and other specialists to help people tackle challenges in their lives.
This page is to help students to find on campus and online human services programs, in areas such as children’s services, mental health, aging, community work, substance abuse, disability work, youth work, welfare studies and marriage celebrancy. Other relevant areas that you might like to look at include: counseling, counseling psychology, gerontology.
What do you study in human services programs?
Human services is a broad area of study that includes several specializations. For example, human services administration focuses on the study of organizational behavior and the practice of management and planning. Course would include leadership, program development and implementation, community relations, and staff development. Through a specialization in Human Resources, you can develop a deeper awareness of leadership styles and how they impact individuals and teams.
A human services specialization in public policy would study how to analyze existing policy and the key economic and legal factors that influence decision–making. It would also explore strategies for collaborating and coordinating with legislators, lobbyists, and others to create informed policy and sustainable change.
What are the career requirements and prospects in human services?
Many of the programs listed here will be of interest to practitioners, supervisors, and managers from social work, psychology, prevention, and rehabilitation in these fields who are interested in increasing and improving their knowledge and practice. Some of the programs in this area are short continuing education courses for professionals.
Most entry level positions in the human services require you to have at least a bachelor’s degree and for management you would generally need a master’s degree and experience. People with majors in fields related to the human services degree for example sociology and psychology may also qualify for entry-level Social Work jobs.
Clinical and Health-related jobs require a Masters in Social Work degree. Jobs in supervision, administration, and training in human services also require an advanced degree. Any Social Worker planning to specialize in a particular area will find a Master’s in Social Work (MSW) degree is helpful.
List of schools and programs
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- Human Service Certificates in Child and Family Services
- MS in Human Services
- Human Services
- And more...
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Find Your Purpose with a Degree from GCU's College of Theology
- From the bachelor's to master's level, our college of ministry offers the education you need to prepare the next generation of disciples.
- Choose your emphasis - global ministry, biblical studies, youth ministry, divinity, worship leadership and more.
- Our transfer-friendly bachelor's and master's degree programs are designed for traditional campus and online students.
- The College of Theology's guiding pillars are Gospel Centered, Church Focused and Missions Oriented.
- Speak with an enrollment counselor today and learn about our various theology bachelor's and master's programs.
- Bachelor degree programs include English, Education, Mathematics, Theatre, Biophysical Sciences, Christian Ministry, and more.
- Ranked among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Regent’s School of Education has yielded a 95% pass rate on the School Leadership Licensure Assessment.
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).