International business programs can lead to exciting and well paid careers. There are a variety of fields that may interest you in this field, including: advertising, tourism, banking, product management and many more. There is clearly a need for qualified individuals in international companies in all of these areas due to the huge competition and challenges companies face in the global markets.
This page provides more details of the programs, where you can study them, and what the prospects are after completing a degree in one of the fields of international business. You may also like to check out the MBA in international business page.
Before applying for study, find out more about the entrance requirements of the schools (colleges or universities). Request information from several of them and consider the admission requirements list to make sure you have the information and the qualifications they require. You should apply for several schools and make sure they have a range of entry requirements, i.e., higher to lower levels of school grades. In this way you will maximize your admission chances.
What is studied in international business programs
Your international business courses may include: business operations, global value-chain management, imports and exports, international law, global human resource management, international marketing, international trade and investment, international finance, tax, foreign exchange.
While a bachelor degree is required as an entry-level qualification for this field, you must keep in mind the extensive competition for employment that should encourage you to aim for a masters degree to better your chances. Normally, it will take another one to three years to complete after the four-year bachelors degree is earned. International business programs require a high GPA and are extremely competitive.
As a student in a masters in international business you would take courses to prepare you for the challenges of global business in a competitive environment, including looking at the regulatory, political, and social factors involved. You would also take courses in financial and operational management.
One of the things that earning a degree in international business often requires is fluency in a second language. It will also require the graduate to travel extensively and understand the various cultures. This means that you must be flexible in a variety of ways because life in other countries is different from where you come from. Having an understanding of different cultures and how to work in them is an essential prerequisite for a job in international business.
Employment prospects for graduates of international business
International business jobs are on the increase as global business increases. Employment in the field depends on each individual’s accomplishments but the career can be rewarding in terms of challenge and salary. Depending on your grades and your degree, you can earn a considerable amount as an executive. Of course, with a bachelors degree, the salary will be considerably lower.
List of schools and programs
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - International Business
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - International Business
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General
- And more...
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Master - International Management
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- Master of Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- And more...
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information