Marketing is an essential tool for any business – regardless of how good the product or service is, it needs marketing in order to build a clent base. The media, technology and platform environment for marketing is becoming more diverse, and more complex, with integrated channels, and so more education and training is required to understand the field. So a marketing degree has become a high demand, profitable qualification.
But what is studied in marketing online programs, what do employers expect and what jobs can you expect to get? This page provides information on these questions and also provides links to other resources and schools where you can find out more.
Since a masters degree is really needed in order to progress in this field, you should also check out a masters in marketing.
What is studied in marketing degrees?
Marketers need to start with research. So students in marketing programs online learn how to collect accurate information and analyze market potential. You also learn how to identify customer needs in different countries and cultures, and to design, develop, implement and manage effective marketing strategies to meet those needs.
Courses include: communications, mass communications, product pricing, e-commerce, advertising, public relations, telemarketing, international marketing, brand management, consumer behavior, consumer research, publishing, and interactive marketing.
Marketing is often studied as part of a business administration program, and so you would acquire knowledge, practical and professional skills in other aspects of business, in addition to marketing.
It is also often studied as a specialization in a Bachelor of Science in Communication degree – as is the case for the Marketing Communications program at Walden University. In this program you are provided with the knowledge and skills required to support the marketing initiatives of any organization through integrated communications. You also learn how to tackle the challenges of communicating in a globally diverse market with different regulations and media requirements and learn how to use media planning and modeling tools to develop a media strategy and plan with the widest reach and impact.
There is sometimes a requirement to do an internship in a masters or bachelor’s degree marketing.
What jobs are there for graduates?
Marketing is an essential tool for any business, so a marketing degree is a high demand, profitable qualification. Marketing is often taken as a major, specialization or concentration in a bachelor of business administration or other business degree, so graduates are prepared for marketing and a wide range of other positions in business.
Because marketing science is applicable to the problems of the public sector as well as the private sector, graduates are also prepared for positions in government, military and non-profit organizations.
Graduates can start a marketing career in advertising, product/sales, management, marketing research/teaching, business management, consultancy.
List of schools and programs
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Marketing (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Business Administration (BS) (Online)
- And more...
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- B.S. in Marketing
- M.B.A.: Marketing
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Marketing
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Marketing
Study online with University of Maryland at College Park. We offer an online master of business administration program through our Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- MBA - Marketing
- MBA - General
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- BS in Business Administration - Marketing
- MBA - Marketing
- AAS in Business Administration - Sales
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration - Marketing
- And more...
Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) recently received state approval to enroll students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
- The first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States
- No set class times or locations
- Affordable tuition, guaranteed not to increase as long as you are enrolled
- Accelerated eight-week terms
- Classes start every month
- BS - Marketing
- Bachelor's and master's level Business programs are available online and on campus.
- Courses are designed to teach practical business solutions, with a career-focused curriculum.
- Students can study in areas such as business, applied management, and business administration.
- Experienced professionals equip students with a working knowledge of marketing, financing, accounting, and sales.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Diploma - Accounting
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Master of Public Administration
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Applied Management (Associate's)
- Business (Bachelor's)
- Business (Associate's)