Whereas a bachelors degree used to be the entry qualification, many jobs now require a masters degree. So increasingly, people are taking these degrees in order to progress their careers, and many do it whilst working. For such people, masters online programs provide the most convenient mode of study.
This page helps students who are looking for information about masters degrees programs. It has details of the programs, what is involved, what the prospects are, where the programs can be found, and more …
Studying a masters degree
The master’s degree is an award that recognizes increased expertise in an academic discipline or professional field of study. It is an award you receive upon successful completion of a one year masters program or a two year program (depending on your masters part time program) of advanced graduate study after your bachelor’s degree. It usually requires the completion of university masters courses, a project, a thesis, or a comprehensive examination. The most commonly awarded types of master’s are the Master of Arts (abbreviated to MA or M.A.) and the Master of Science (often abbreviated to MS or M.S. in the United States and MSc or M.Sc. in Europe and the Commonwealth).
Most of the subject areas covered in this website have masters programs. And most of them are available on campus and online. Online programs are particularly popular amongst those who are working or are returning to study after a long time away from it.
The masters requirements are usually graduation from a bachelors program or equivalent tertiary program. However, there are an increasing number of masters programs that are offering an “executive stream” that take into account prior learning obtained whilst working. The executive MBA is perhaps the most well-known of this type of masters part time program.
What can students with masters degrees programs expect to earn?
Clearly, what you earn will depend on many factors, e.g., experience, job and location. However, according to PayScale.com, the following are the approximate salaries that can be expected in the US:
- Elementary School Teacher: $44,000;
- High School Teacher: $50,000;
- Architect: $60,000;
- Software Engineer: $65,000;
- Executive Director (Non-profit Org): $70.000;
- Physician Assistant: $72,000;
- Senior Software Engineer: $92,000.
List of schools and programs
- Live online classes taught by the same Newhouse faculty members who teach on campus.
- Dynamic, immersive coursework that can be accessed 24/7 from anywhere students have an Internet connection.
- On-the-go learning with a mobile app available for smartphones and tablets.
- In-person learning experiences at immersions in cities around the world.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Began in 1899 as Draughon’s Practical Business College.
- Features campuses that are heavily engaged in their respective communities, providing professional service from students and faculty.
- Offers financial aid, scholarships, and counseling for both active and post-duty military students.
- Has 15 campuses across the United States, as well as 4 art institutes in North Carolina and Texas.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Designed and taught by Syracuse faculty, the curriculum built on theory, fundamentals, and application.
- The online format combines live weekly classes, multimedia coursework, and collaborative group learning exercises.
- This program can be completed in as little as 15 months. A Bachelor’s degree and related undergraduate coursework is required for admission to the program.
Founded in 1766, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher learning.
Home to more than 58,000 students from all 50 states and 125 different countries, Rutgers’ mission is to prepare students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. That’s made possible by a faculty and staff of over 13,000 members, which includes an Abel Prize winner, Guggenheim Fellows, MacArthur “Genius Award” Fellows, Pulitzer Prize winners, and many more.
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.