Office administration programs provide the skills necessary to work at any level from clerical, administrative to supervisory capacity in an organization. Despite the constant advancement in technology, firms will always be in need of qualified and highly trained assistants to work in their offices. Such staff are required to ensure that the daily activities of the office run smoothly.
Those who acquire an office administration degree will find that they have many career opportunities. These degree programs enable them to compete in the job market and can be the starting point to a great career in this field. This page tells you what’s involved in taking administration courses, where you can take them, what your prospects are after completion, and more. You might also like to check the page on secretary training.
Basic administrator training
The students learn how an office works and how it is run. This includes personnel management, administrative tasks, accounting among other skills. There is emphasis on use of office automation and technology. One is thus prepared for office assistant jobs and also provided with the office management training necessary for a managerial role in various office environments. The other emphasis is on document preparation, office procedure and culture, computer applications in business, communication skills and office ethics and etiquette.
The students are thus taught courses and skills to enable them work in office settings, filing, processing business materials and supervising their fellow workers. Such courses and skills may include use of business information systems, keyboarding, business law skills, word processing and business communication skills. Other skills include spreadsheet skills, supervisory skills, database management abilities, information systems skills and Microsoft software skills among others.
Prospects after administration training
This course enables the graduate to choose from a wide range of career fields. Since technology and businesses keep changing, there is great demand for people who can offer the much needed services to such businesses. Every business needs staff to work in the administration department. These graduates can therefore get an office administrator job or similar in the finance industry, insurance industry, manufacturing, sales and publishing among many other fields.
There will always be a high demand for those who have undertaken this course. This due to the fact that new businesses are opened on a daily basis international. Also, businesses keep expanding and merging thus requiring more staff.
The job outlook for these graduates is thus excellent as businesses need office administrators and assistants who are properly and highly trained. This is to ensure proper and smooth work-flow in the office. These graduates are therefore in highest demand in all areas of business and this demand will not stop growing.
The salaries paid to these graduates may vary from one organization to another. However, an office supervisor or office manager salary may be about $45,000 per year. An office administrative assistant could earn about $37,000 annually. They may also be entitled to other benefits including health cover, vacation pay and travel allowances among other benefits.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Office Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Data Analytics
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.
- Medical Office Administration
- Associate of Applied Science:Office Management
- Bachelor's and master's level Business programs are available online and on campus.
- Courses are designed to teach practical business solutions, with a career-focused curriculum.
- Students can study in areas such as business, applied management, and business administration.
- Experienced professionals equip students with a working knowledge of marketing, financing, accounting, and sales.
- Students who have graduated high school in or before 2015 are eligible to apply.
- Diploma - Business
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Development
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- DIP - Business Office Specialist
- BS Business Studies in Small Business Management
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Management