Office administration programs provide the skills necessary to work at any level from clerical, administrative to supervisory capacity in an organization. Despite the constant advancement in technology, firms will always be in need of qualified and highly trained assistants to work in their offices. Such staff are required to ensure that the daily activities of the office run smoothly.
Those who acquire an office administration degree will find that they have many career opportunities. These degree programs enable them to compete in the job market and can be the starting point to a great career in this field. This page tells you what’s involved in taking administration courses, where you can take them, what your prospects are after completion, and more. You might also like to check the page on secretary training.
Basic administrator training
The students learn how an office works and how it is run. This includes personnel management, administrative tasks, accounting among other skills. There is emphasis on use of office automation and technology. One is thus prepared for office assistant jobs and also provided with the office management training necessary for a managerial role in various office environments. The other emphasis is on document preparation, office procedure and culture, computer applications in business, communication skills and office ethics and etiquette.
The students are thus taught courses and skills to enable them work in office settings, filing, processing business materials and supervising their fellow workers. Such courses and skills may include use of business information systems, keyboarding, business law skills, word processing and business communication skills. Other skills include spreadsheet skills, supervisory skills, database management abilities, information systems skills and Microsoft software skills among others.
Prospects after administration training
This course enables the graduate to choose from a wide range of career fields. Since technology and businesses keep changing, there is great demand for people who can offer the much needed services to such businesses. Every business needs staff to work in the administration department. These graduates can therefore get an office administrator job or similar in the finance industry, insurance industry, manufacturing, sales and publishing among many other fields.
There will always be a high demand for those who have undertaken this course. This due to the fact that new businesses are opened on a daily basis international. Also, businesses keep expanding and merging thus requiring more staff.
The job outlook for these graduates is thus excellent as businesses need office administrators and assistants who are properly and highly trained. This is to ensure proper and smooth work-flow in the office. These graduates are therefore in highest demand in all areas of business and this demand will not stop growing.
The salaries paid to these graduates may vary from one organization to another. However, an office supervisor or office manager salary may be about $45,000 per year. An office administrative assistant could earn about $37,000 annually. They may also be entitled to other benefits including health cover, vacation pay and travel allowances among other benefits.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Office Management
- Medical Office Administration
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Data Analytics
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Information Technology
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).