Office administration programs provide the skills necessary to work at any level from clerical, administrative to supervisory capacity in an organization. Despite the constant advancement in technology, firms will always be in need of qualified and highly trained assistants to work in their offices. Such staff are required to ensure that the daily activities of the office run smoothly.
Those who acquire an office administration degree will find that they have many career opportunities. These degree programs enable them to compete in the job market and can be the starting point to a great career in this field. This page tells you what’s involved in taking administration courses, where you can take them, what your prospects are after completion, and more. You might also like to check the page on secretary training.
Basic administrator training
The students learn how an office works and how it is run. This includes personnel management, administrative tasks, accounting among other skills. There is emphasis on use of office automation and technology. One is thus prepared for office assistant jobs and also provided with the office management training necessary for a managerial role in various office environments. The other emphasis is on document preparation, office procedure and culture, computer applications in business, communication skills and office ethics and etiquette.
The students are thus taught courses and skills to enable them work in office settings, filing, processing business materials and supervising their fellow workers. Such courses and skills may include use of business information systems, keyboarding, business law skills, word processing and business communication skills. Other skills include spreadsheet skills, supervisory skills, database management abilities, information systems skills and Microsoft software skills among others.
Prospects after administration training
This course enables the graduate to choose from a wide range of career fields. Since technology and businesses keep changing, there is great demand for people who can offer the much needed services to such businesses. Every business needs staff to work in the administration department. These graduates can therefore get an office administrator job or similar in the finance industry, insurance industry, manufacturing, sales and publishing among many other fields.
There will always be a high demand for those who have undertaken this course. This due to the fact that new businesses are opened on a daily basis international. Also, businesses keep expanding and merging thus requiring more staff.
The job outlook for these graduates is thus excellent as businesses need office administrators and assistants who are properly and highly trained. This is to ensure proper and smooth work-flow in the office. These graduates are therefore in highest demand in all areas of business and this demand will not stop growing.
The salaries paid to these graduates may vary from one organization to another. However, an office supervisor or office manager salary may be about $45,000 per year. An office administrative assistant could earn about $37,000 annually. They may also be entitled to other benefits including health cover, vacation pay and travel allowances among other benefits.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Office Management
- Medical Office Administration
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- DIP - Business Office Specialist
Ultimate Medical Academy Educates Future Healthcare Professionals
You bring your goals and motivation to UMA, and we will provide you the education and the support to help make you a success! Even if you haven’t been serious about your career before, we can help boost your confidence and prepare you for a career in healthcare.
- A.S. - Health Sciences - Medical Administrative Assistant
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Management
- BS Business Studies in Small Business Management
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Medical Office Administration
- Associate of Applied Science:Office Management
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Master of Business Administration - Small Business Data Analytics
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Customized Professional (BS) (Online)
- Earn your Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) 100% online
- Learn business and leadership skills through case studies and intensive projects, culminating in a capstone course
- Program designed to teach students key concepts in accounting, financial services, and marketing
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (DBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
- Choose from over 200 career-focused online undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- One of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- MS Finance