Business administration is an administrative or management role concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. All organizations need people to fill this role, so there are many opportunities for people with qualifications in this field and the salaries are good. Hence, the programs that qualify people in this area are very popular.
Many students take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration), which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs do get better jobs and considerably higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. For students who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, taking an MBA or other masters program is important for learning the marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. This page is to help you find out more about these programs, where you can take them, what employers expect, certification, and what you can earn after graduation.
What is studied in online business administration programs?
Administrative managers need to be able to analyze situations or problems, determine suitable actions, communicate with and motivate staff to implement the required action. They must also be detail oriented.
Business administration programs are designed to develop students’ analytical, communication and leadership skills. Most programs include: accounting, microeconomics, strategic management, organizational management, corporate finance and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in various majors, e.g., a bachelors degree in business administration with majors including: Accounting; Business Information Systems; Project Management; and, Technical Communication. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) and doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects after graduation?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Administrative Services Managers with a Bachelor’s degree and less than five years experience had a median salary of $81,000 in 2012. Those who have an MBA can expect to earn more as they advance to higher level positions, such as director of administrative services. Some experienced managers may join or establish a management consulting firm to provide contract administrative management services. The job outlook for 2012-2020 is a growth of 12%.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- AAS in Business Administration - Business
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration - Sales Management
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Project Management
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General
- And more...
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Become an accountant, credit analyst, auditor, tax examiner, and more with an undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Learn about accounting fundamentals, legal compliance and ethics, finance, marketing, leadership, economics, and quantitative decision making.
- Work in the environment that suits you best. The B.S. in Accounting program prepares students for accounting careers in private, public, not-for-profit, and government organizations.
- This program, along with other CSU-Global business degrees, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Each of our courses is 100% online, with no fixed class times or locations. All you need is an internet connection. Wherever you are, you’re already on campus.
- Our programs are built for working adults. You complete coursework on your schedule, in your own time. Complete assignments and projects when it’s most convenient for you.
- Graduate Certificate - Human Resource Management
- Master - Human Resource Management
- Your Accredited Degree from a TOP College Awaits! - Education Connection
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.