Business administration is an administrative or management role concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. All organizations need people to fill this role, so there are many opportunities for people with qualifications in this field and the salaries are good. Hence, the programs that qualify people in this area are very popular.
Many students take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration), which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs do get better jobs and considerably higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. For students who are entrepreneurial or interested in starting their own business, taking an MBA or other masters program is important for learning the marketing, financial and management skills that are necessary for success. This page is to help you find out more about these programs, where you can take them, what employers expect, certification, and what you can earn after graduation.
What is studied in online business administration programs?
Administrative managers need to be able to analyze situations or problems, determine suitable actions, communicate with and motivate staff to implement the required action. They must also be detail oriented.
Business administration programs are designed to develop students’ analytical, communication and leadership skills. Most programs include: accounting, microeconomics, strategic management, organizational management, corporate finance and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in various majors, e.g., a bachelors degree in business administration with majors including: Accounting; Business Information Systems; Project Management; and, Technical Communication. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) and doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects after graduation?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Administrative Services Managers with a Bachelor’s degree and less than five years experience had a median salary of $81,000 in 2012. Those who have an MBA can expect to earn more as they advance to higher level positions, such as director of administrative services. Some experienced managers may join or establish a management consulting firm to provide contract administrative management services. The job outlook for 2012-2020 is a growth of 12%.
List of schools and programs
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- BA/Business Administration - No Concentration
- MBA - No Specialization
- MBA - Project Management
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Kindom Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business - General
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Business Administration - Bachelor
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - General
- Master of Business Administration
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration
- AAS in Business Administration
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Business Administration (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Customized Professional (BS) (Online)
- And more...
Everest University Online, a Division of Everest University, makes career training convenient and accessible. With courses tailored for working students and others who need a more flexible class schedule.
- Business (Associate's)
- Business (Bachelor's)
Pittsburgh Technical College offers you a career-focused education shaped by industry insiders and employers. Get the skills that can get you the job in 24-month associate programs and 9 to 15 month certificate programs that include business, technology, medical and design degree opportunities.
- Business Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MBA - Building Creativity
- Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Management - D.B.A.
- And more...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. Over the years, we've seen the improbable made possible. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- MBA Project Management