In particular, it should be useful to students wanting to study a university or college program, since it has pages about the various programs together with links to schools where they can be studied. The site will also be useful to teachers interested in using new technologies in their teaching, since it has pages on various aspects of ICT in education, and links to teaching resources.
This site is still relatively new and is constantly being revised so as to incorporate pages on areas suggested by readers. If you don’t find what you want, please contact us suggesting an inclusion and check back later.
A resource for those studying by online distance learning
This ODL web site is intended as a resource for anyone wanting to obtain online training and online degrees. It provides advice on a range of distance courses, including online graduate programs, online PhD programs, and online certificate courses. It has advice on studying at an online college or online university, information about learning styles, about healthy posture, and even includes details of how you can obtain free online learning.
But the site also contains information for those wishing to study on campus. In some cases, links to suitable campus schools are provided as well. In particular, the search boxes enable you to search for campus-based programs and schools.
A resource for those interested in online teaching
The web site seeks to show how new ICTs – e.g., open educational resources, open source, Web 2.0, blogs, wikis, social networking, social bookmarking and other social software – can be used for online education study (e-learning) or to conduct classes online in distance courses. Or how such ICTs enable collaborative teaching. It also touches on some of the new ICT hardware possibilities for online schools, such as wireless communication.
More information about campus programs
For those students who feel that online learning and distance education is not for them, the web site also has a section on campus programs. You can also use this link to search for a program or a school near you.
List of schools and programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration - Project Management
- MSHUS- Family and Community Services
- AAS in Information Technology - Network Administration
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- And more...
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor's (BSCJ) - Law Enforcement
- And more...
- Began in 1899 as Draughon’s Practical Business College.
- Features campuses that are heavily engaged in their respective communities, providing professional service from students and faculty.
- Offers financial aid, scholarships, and counseling for both active and post-duty military students.
- Has 15 campuses across the United States, as well as 4 art institutes in North Carolina and Texas.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN)
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (AS)
- Public Health (BS)
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting-Clinical Concentration
Turn your passion for food into a career at the Culinary Institute of Virginia.
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Applied Nutrition
- Food Service Management
- And more...
- Commercial Truck Driver Training
- Class "B" Training and Bus Training
- Class "A" Training
- Veterinary Technology Alternate Route - Certificate
- Respiratory Therapy
- Veterinary Technology - Associates
- And more...
St. Thomas University is a Miami-based institution of higher learning with a rich history of academic achievement centered on the belief that education is a path to enlightenment. Founded as Biscayne College in 1961, we earned full university status in 1984. We adopted the St. Thomas name at that time to honor the original Augustinian institution of higher learning where our founders taught and led.Learn from dedicated, experienced instructors committed to your success: St. Thomas University’s graduate degree programs offer an inclusive, faith-based academic environment focused on practical training, critical thinking and ethical leadership. A reliable online learning system allows you to study with other adult students, around your own schedule, and wherever you connect online. Our commitment is to the academic, personal, and professional success of each student, preparing graduates to be ethical leaders in the world community. We offer fully online business, education, science and technology graduate degrees built on a 50-year tradition of scholastic excellence, community leadership, and faith-focused values. Our accredited online programs meet the same high standards of academic quality as our on-campus programs and are designed specifically for working adults – study and complete assignments around your schedule!
- M.S. in Educational Leadership
- Ed.D. in Leadership and Management