This page provides help if you are interested in studying education programs, such as: early childhood, adult education, special education, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). These education programs combine content and subject knowledge with teaching knowledge and skills (pedagogy), i.e., they teach you what to teach and how to teach it.
Programs are offered at the associate degree, bachelor degree (B.Ed), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EdS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D). This page mainly provides links to schools where you can take online education programs. For links to schools where you can study on campus, go to the Campus Universities page.
Finding the schools and online education programs you want
The programs described on this website are divided into several areas according to age range: early childhood eucation, elementary education, secondary education, post-secondary education and adult education. There are also programs for special education, teacher certification, educational administration and leadership, and ESL certification.
For each area listed above, you will find a link to a separate page describing that area and its programs in greater detail and containing links to those schools offering the programs. If you don’t find the programs or schools you want in this list, or in the list of schools and programs at the foot of the page, please use the search forms on this page.
If you are seeking professional teacher status – some aspects cannot be completed online. The college needs to ensure you gain as much practical experience as possible and that your classroom performance is assessed. This not only gives you the experience you need, it also enables you to be certain that you have chosen the right career.
What are the career prospects for graduates of education?
Education is one of the largest industries and an online education degree offers plenty of career options. As well as teaching in the government education sector, graduates also find employment in: training; teaching in the private sector; community services; and, in administration. In order to teach in a college of a university, you need to take a Masters degree or a PhD. Education programs also provide a base for further training in counseling and careers work. Graduates also find work in development jobs and other non-profit organizations.
List of education schools and programs
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- B.S. in Child Studies
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Education
- Master of Science in Education, Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science in Education, Career College Administration
- And more...
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- And more...
- Early Childhood Education
Berks Technical Institute (BTI) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Early Childhood Education - Associate in Specialized Business
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Higher Education Track
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership
- Doctor of Education in Organizatonal Leadership - Conflict Resolution Track
- AS Teaching
- BS Elementary Education
- MEd Elementary Education (K-6) Initial Licensure
- And more...
- Basic Early Childhood
- Advanced Early Childhood