This page provides help if you are interested in studying education programs, such as: early childhood, adult education, special education, Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). These education programs combine content and subject knowledge with teaching knowledge and skills (pedagogy), i.e., they teach you what to teach and how to teach it.
Programs are offered at the associate degree, bachelor degree (B.Ed), masters (MEd, MA), specialist (EdS), and doctoral level (PhD and Ed.D). This page mainly provides links to schools where you can take online education programs. For links to schools where you can study on campus, go to the Campus Universities page.
Finding the schools and online education programs you want
The programs described on this website are divided into several areas according to age range: early childhood eucation, elementary education, secondary education, post-secondary education and adult education. There are also programs for special education, teacher certification, educational administration and leadership, and ESL certification.
For each area listed above, you will find a link to a separate page describing that area and its programs in greater detail and containing links to those schools offering the programs. If you don’t find the programs or schools you want in this list, or in the list of schools and programs at the foot of the page, please use the search forms on this page.
If you are seeking professional teacher status – some aspects cannot be completed online. The college needs to ensure you gain as much practical experience as possible and that your classroom performance is assessed. This not only gives you the experience you need, it also enables you to be certain that you have chosen the right career.
What are the career prospects for graduates of education?
Education is one of the largest industries and an online education degree offers plenty of career options. As well as teaching in the government education sector, graduates also find employment in: training; teaching in the private sector; community services; and, in administration. In order to teach in a college of a university, you need to take a Masters degree or a PhD. Education programs also provide a base for further training in counseling and careers work. Graduates also find work in development jobs and other non-profit organizations.
List of education schools and programs
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (Does Not Lead to Teacher Licensure)
- M.A. in Reading with an Emphasis in Secondary Education
- B.S. in Math for Secondary Education
- And more...
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Leadership Coaching and Mentoring
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Coaching and Mentoring
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, , and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education (for Existing Teachers Grades K-12)
- MA in Teaching (for Aspiring Teachers Grades 5-12)
- Undergraduate in Early Childhood
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Secondary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Elementary Mathematics - Additional Endorsement - Certificate
- Educational Leadership: K-12 - MSEE (Master's)
- Early Childhood Education
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Leadership of Educational Organizations
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Elementary Education
- Master's (M.Ed.) - Secondary Education
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Common Core State Standards Instructional Leader
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- M.Ed: Special Education (Non-Endorsement)
- And more...
Join the community of thought leaders at University of the Rockies. Pursue your graduate degree from the University’s School of Professional Psychology or School of Organizational Leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
- MA in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education, Distance Learning
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- E-Learning - EdS
- Global Training and Development - EdS
- General Education - Doctor of Education
- And more...
NU has been educating leaders since 1934 at our campus near Seattle. Over the years, we've seen the improbable made possible. If you have a dream, we can help make it possible.
- Master of Education - Data Driven Instruction
- Certificate in Ministry Leadership
- Associate in Ministry Leadership
- And more...