Leadership programs are useful for those interested in pursuing supervisory, management or leadership positions in business, government, military and other settings. Some take programs in criminal justice leadership, others take programs in organizational leadership or leadership psychology, and organizational leadership degrees. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, taking a leadership degree will be useful in assisting with your career prospects. This page helps you to locate suitable online leadership programs and tells you more about them.
What do online leadership programs cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. The difference between manager and leader is best illustrated with an example. A chief operations manager will use leadership skills when formulating a strategic plan and influencing others to follow it. On the other hand, he or she will use management skills when managing the resources of the company.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include:
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- management decision making;
- building collaborative teams;
- change management;
- strategic planning;
- transformative leadership;
- leadership influences;
- diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
A leadership degree can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You can be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of schools and programs
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management - Global Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- MS in Management
- And more...
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership Studies
- Associate of Business - Accounting/Management
- Associate of Business - General Business
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associates in Business Management
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- MBA - Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- AS - Business Management
- BS - Business Management
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Business Administration - Bachelor
Regent University prepares students with the knowledge to excel and the faith to live with purpose. Our 20,000 alumni, from more than 110 countries, are changing the world as accomplished professionals. Named a top-15 school nationally for online bachelor's programs (U.S. News & World Report, 2015), Regent is among the most affordable undergraduate Christian colleges (CCCU 2015). Fully accredited, challenging programs are available online and on campus. New classes begin every eight weeks.
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership - Servant Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Studies - Business
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership in Leadership Coaching
- And more...
- MS Organizational Leadership
- IMBA - Leadership
- MBA with concentration in Leadership
- And more...
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master’s degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, psychology and marriage and family sciences.
- MS Organizational Leadership - Accelerated Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Leadership - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Organizational Leadership - D.B.A.
- And more...