Leadership programs are useful for those interested in pursuing supervisory, management or leadership positions in business, government, military and other settings. Some take programs in criminal justice leadership, others take programs in organizational leadership or leadership psychology, and organizational leadership degrees. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, taking a leadership degree will be useful in assisting with your career prospects. This page helps you to locate suitable online leadership programs and tells you more about them.
What do online leadership programs cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. The difference between manager and leader is best illustrated with an example. A chief operations manager will use leadership skills when formulating a strategic plan and influencing others to follow it. On the other hand, he or she will use management skills when managing the resources of the company.
In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include:
- communication and interpersonal skills;
- management decision making;
- building collaborative teams;
- change management;
- strategic planning;
- transformative leadership;
- leadership influences;
- diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
A leadership degree can provide the leadership perspective you need to succeed in a management position at several levels. You can be equipped with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills to take on the demands of upper level management roles.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions.
List of schools and programs
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Leadership (MS)
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- MS in Management
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Doctor of Management - Global Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- And more...
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- MA/Organizational Management - Organizational Leadership
- BA/Business Leadership
- MBA - Organizational Leadership
- And more...
- Apply managerial and business processes to information systems.
- Conduct systems analysis to manage complex projects.
- Design business intelligence solutions to meet organizational objectives.
- Analyze complex data to support strategic decision making
- Bachelors in Business Management
- Master of Management
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Customized Professional (BS) (Online)
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.