People who choose organizational leadership online or campus-based programs are often interested in pursuing leadership or management positions or in enhancing their careers in business, government, nonprofit, or military settings. Whatever your interest is, or whatever your current position is, a leadership qualification will probably be useful in your career prospects. Many organizational leadership degree programs come under business administration or business management, but degree programs with an organizational leadership perspective also exist in psychology, education, health, and public administration.
Programs can be taken at bachelors, masters and doctoral levels, and people usually prefer to take them online so as to avoid interrupting their careers. This page provides information about the programs, schools and careers.
What do organizational leadership degrees cover?
Although many managers take leadership degrees, management skills and leadership skills are not the same. A degree in organizational leadership focuses on the skills of transformational leadership, i.e., those skills needed to help an organization to undergo whatever changes are required in order to achieve its vision. In order to develop the knowledge and skills required for leadership, students require a foundation in subjects such as: psychology, human relations, finance, and computer studies. Specific leadership courses can then build on this foundation. These courses might include: communication and interpersonal skills, management decision making, building collaborative teams, change management, strategic planning, transformative leadership, leadership influences, diversity in organizations.
What are the career prospects?
As organizations face increasing globalization, competition, changing economies, and changing demographics of clients and workforce, transformational leadership is required more than ever. This is true in companies in all fields of work, so whatever your career interest or current employment is, an organizational leadership degree online is a sensible choice. It will provide you with the leadership attitudes, knowledge and skills that you need to succeed in a management position at senior levels in an organization. But it is also possible to work as a development specialist or as a consultant in organizational development.
Chief executive officers can earn a salary of $175,000, but competition is clearly very tough for these positions. Most would require an MBA or even a doctorate in business.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Leadership
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate
- MS in Management
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Leadership Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Business
- Program options include Accounting, Business Administration, Leadership, and more.
- Curriculum focuses on developing leadership, critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Programmatic accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) at select campuses.
- Business programs are available at many of the 11 campus locations across the United States.
- Leadership (MS)
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Doctor of Management - Global Leadership (Executive Format)
- Doctor of Management Executive Leadership (Executive Format)
- Master of Business Administration - Global Leadership
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration (AS) (Online)
- Business Administration (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Customized Professional (BS) (Online)
- Campus-based and online business programs include Entertainment Business (BS), Internet Marketing (BS), and Business Intelligence (MS)
- Students will explore business concepts like marketing, global media management, and business technology and design
- Courses designed to prepare students for a career in business and Career Development advisors available to all alumni
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Master of Science (Online)
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
Concordia University - Portland offers several fully online 14-month Master of Education (M.Ed.) programs and a fully online Doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) program. You'll learn new strategies and techniques for your classroom while expanding your knowledge and skills as an educator.
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Ph.D. Organizational Leadership