Want to learn about psychology and human development. Developmental psychology programs are very popular amongst students. But it is quite a broad field. Some students are specifically interested in development psychology as it relates to infant and children, others to adolescents, or adult, or the elderly. Also, there are other specializations dependent on the approach taken such as cognitive development psychology or social development psychology.
This page will help you to find out more about studying developmental psychology online and to locate suitable university online degree programs. Most of the links to schools on this page are for students who wish to study developmental psychology online. Many find this a more convenient option. If you wish to explore more of the on campus psychology programs available, go to the on campus programs page.
What do you study a psychology and human development program?
Psychology and development study is possible online at the bachelor level, master’s level and doctoral level. A typical developmental psychology online program would include the stages of development, psychological foundations of education, instructional strategies, and psychology research testing, methods and analysis.
A typical Masters program may include the following: biological basis of behaviour, contemporary issues in psychology, statistics, human motivation, research design, cognitive development psychology, educational psychology, instructional design, tests and measurement, psychological testing, the developmental approach, culture and psychology.
A thesis may be required in addition or in place of some of the courses.
In a Doctorate you can focus your study in an area that suits your professional interests, e.g., developmental science, instructional design, or teaching science. As a doctoral student, you may be required to attend some residential workshops during your program.
What are the career prospects for graduates?
Accredited online psychology degrees provide many career opportunities in private sector (e.g., marketing, personnel management), public sector (e.g., teaching, social/community work, mental health care in hospitals, clinics and schools). The American Psychological Association says that psychology is the third fastest-growing field in America requiring a college degree.
One can find graduates of developmental psychology online degree in management jobs or specialist positions in education, training, testing, or research. Graduates with a masters in developmental psychology can find jobs as guidance counselors, educators, or social workers. With a doctorate in developmental psychology it is possible to obtain faculty positions at universities and community colleges.
With a job as a school psychologist you could expect a salary of about US$52,000 (PayScales.com).
List of schools and programs
- Turn your fascination of the human mind into a career path - earn your Psychology degree!
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in psychology from GCU can give you the tools to pursue a career path in psychology.
- Just starting out? Our Bachelor of Science in Psychology can prepare you for an entry-level position or be a stepping stone to an advanced degree.
- Already in the field? Deepen your understanding with a Master's in General Psychology, or specialize in Industrial & Organizational Psychology.
- Online programs make it easy and convenient to take classes at home. Master's programs are also offered in the evenings at various locations.
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and learn about our various psychology programs!
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Professional Counseling with an Emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Christian Counseling
- And more...
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Bachelor of Science in Psychology in Addiction, and more.
- Approved as an education provider by the National Association for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC).
- Courses cover topics such as addiction science, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
- Students learn how to identify, plan, and use resources to help improve client situations.
- BS in Psychology - Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- MS in Psychology - General Psychology
- MS in Psychology
- And more...
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Counseling Psychology(EdD) (Online)
- Psychology (BA) (Online)
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Psychology - Bachelor
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Child and Adolescent Psychology Certificate
- MA Behavioral Economics
- B.A. in Psychology
- And more...
As a student at South University, you will have the opportunity to learn from accomplished faculty members who have real-world experience in the subjects that they teach. Our small class sizes allow you to receive personalized attention from instructors, and the encouragement to recognize your goals for the future and the means to achieve them.
- Psychology (BA)
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- PhD in Psychology
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Online Master of Science in Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology