What is meant by “Social Media”? They are web-based media for sharing images, writing and voice. Using appropriate social software tools and web hosts, we can write and share blogs, record and share podcasts, upload photographs for nominated friends or all to see, make internet TV, or upload and share videos, and much more. Perhaps most importantly we can create, join and participate in virtual communities, form new friendships and reconfirm old ones, recommend websites or products, share jokes or sad stories, and in many other ways engage socially on the Internet.
An industry has grown up around this social networking and there are now many social marketing jobs available. This page helps you find out more …
From passive reception to socially collaborative
There is a lot of buzz about the social use of communication media. Whether you are sharing your words, video-sharing or photo-sharing, the most important aspect is the control that the user has to publish whatever they want to the web. Internet users are no longer passive recipients of information placed there by organizations and institutions. Instead they are active contributors and publishers. Social software tools have levelled the playing field.
They are designed to build a sense of community amongst the users. So working on a computer is no longer a private, individual pastime – it can be a communal activity. The communities might be mirrors of physical communities (e.g., universities, cities, football clubs) or might be virtual communities based on interests. The use of social technology in education is becoming ever more important as children are brought up surrounded by its use.
Here is a playlist of videos about the technologies and tools available:
Another important aspect of the social revolution we are experiencing is in the speed at which our ideas can be communicated over vast distances and with huge numbers of people. Twitter is a prime example of the way in which communication has been changed in this respect. Major events can be described, and even world-changing demonstrations can be organized by using just 140 characters in a tweet. Using #hashtags makes it possible to search easily for tweets on a particular topic. Here is a poster of the most popular educational Twitter hashtags:
Compiled By: OnlineCollegeCourses.com
Collaborating online with social media and social software
Collaborating online is so much easier now with the social software available. Instead of sending drafts of documents to all those working on a particular document, it is now possible for them to work together modifying documents stored online. This is particularly useful for teachers wanting to share information and collaboratively create courseware. It is also useful for class work in which groups of students work together on a project.[/showhide]
List of schools and programs
- Full Sail’s curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement.
- Full Sail offers accelerated programs, so a degree that would normally take four years takes 24 months on average.
- Students work with industry-standard tools and technologies, allowing them to gain practical knowledge and real-world experience.
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram to interact with our community, read about grad success, and see campus images.
- Mobile Development, Bachelor of Science
- Flexible, 100% online programs offered include Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Master of Science in Cybersecurity Management, and more.
- Courses designed to keep students updated on the constantly changing world of information technology.
- Career-focused programs taught by experienced professionals help students develop real-world programming skills.
- AASIT - Programming and Software Development
- BSIT - Programming and Software Development
- Online Master’s in IT was ranked among the Best Online Programs in 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Offers several bachelor’s degree programs, including Cyber Security, Information Systems Management, and Information Technology
- Students study core concepts such as programming, system administration, security, and databases
- Concentrations in Information Technology include IT Security, Network Management, Web Development, and more
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Software Application Programming
- Master of Science in Computer Science Database Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Web Development
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Web Development - Bachelor's
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- AOS Information Technology Specialist
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in business-Web Development Concentration
At Kaplan University, we offer over 180 degree and certificate programs. With three different ways to learn, you can choose the format that works best for you:
- Study wherever you have an Internet connection, because almost all of our courses are 100% online, or
- Take campus-based classes(with day and evening options available), or
- Combine campus learning with online classes (blended).
- Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology : Multiplatform Software Development
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology : Multiplatform Software Development
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology : Database Management
Baker College is proud to be the largest independent college in Michigan with the most focused approach to education and training available. With one of the highest graduate employment rates in the country, our mission is to help our students find meaningful employment.
At Baker College, you’ll have the opportunity to choose between an on campus education or an online education, depending on what works best for you and for your schedule. Our ground campuses are located across Michigan and one campus in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Computer Programming - Associate
- Mobile Application Software Engineering - Bachelor
- Database Technology - Bachelor
- Love solving problems with technology? Make it into a career!
- Our bachelor's & master's degree programs are designed to prepare you with the skills and experience you need to pursue a career in the tech field!
- Choose your emphasis - information technology, computer programming, applied business analytics, business information systems & more.
- Our transfer-friendly bachelor's & master's degree programs are designed for traditional campus and online students.
- Whether your goal is to gain entry-level skills, switch to a technology career or simply strengthen your portfolio - GCU can help!
- Speak to an enrollment counselor today and learn about our various technology-focused bachelor's & master's programs.
- B.S. in Information Technology
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Information Technology (BS)
- Choose from over 200 career-focused online undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- One of the lowest tuition rates in the nation and a network of support.
- Southern New Hampshire University. Private. Nonprofit. Accredited.
- MS Information Technology - Database Design
- MS Information Technology - Web Design
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Data Analysis
- And more...