Tourism is a major global industry worth over one trillion dollars in revenue annually and it is an important part of the economies of many countries and regions around the world. Alison’s free online Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management, teaches the essential principles, concepts and skills required in the tourism and hospitality sectors. This free Advanced Diploma course will be of great interest to professionals working in the tourism sector and in hotels, restaurants, or any other hospitality service operation. This course will also be of great interest to any learner who would like to gain employment or a career in the tourism or hospitality sector.
Advanced Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management Course Content
This course describes the essential principles, concepts and skills required in the tourism and hospitality sectors. The course introduces you to the formation of the tourist industry, its sectors and employment opportunities, the nature of hospitality, hotel management, and food and beverage services. It includes the following topics:
- The formation of the modern tourist industry;
- The sectors of the tourist industry;
- Employment and career opportunities;
- Main priorities of business and pleasure travelers;
- The ways in which travel destinations can appeal to both business and pleasure travelers;
- How travel destinations and tourism businesses can effectively market and promote themselves;
- Tour wholesalers, travel agencies and online travel services;
- Characteristics of the hospitality industry;
- Characteristics of the accommodation product.
To qualify for your official ALISON Diploma, Certificate or PDF you must study and complete all modules and score 80% or more in each of the course assessments.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Duration: 15-20 Hours
- Publisher: Advance Learning Academy
- Assessments: Yes
- Certification: Yes
- Minimum Grade/Class Level: Third Level