If you have the desire and potential to work as a graphic designer or similar, then you will need to know more about art and design programs and where they are available. This page is particularly for those wanting to know more about working in graphic and multimedia design, visual communication, media arts, animation, and similar ares, but can only study in their spare time. It provides advice about studying online programs and identifies which schools offer them.
An art and design online program is just what you need to study if you want to be a graphic designer. As a graphic designer you would be creating images that communicate the message desired by the client. So you would need the skills to analyze the communication problem and then use your creative talents to produce a visual solution. This page provides more information on the programs that develop these skills, where they can be studied, what the prospects are after completion, and more…
What is studied in art and design programs?
Designers seek the most effective way to visually communicate messages in print, online and digital media. They analyze communications problems and then plan and create visual solutions. Students in graphic design degree programs typically take courses in the principles and techniques of working with color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and computer layout techniques.
The main specializations include:
- Animation: Animation, multimedia technology, digital design, media arts architecture
- Fashion: Fashion merchandising. art and design fashion
- Graphic Design & Multimedia: Graphic design, multimedia design, advertising, animation, interactive media design, media arts and animation, visual communication, and more.
- Interior Design: Interior design
- Video Game Dev & Design: Game art and design, game software development, and more.
- Visual Communication: Visual communications, multimedia
- Web Development & Design: Web design, web application development, and more.
What jobs are available for graduates?
Graduates of art and design programs are particularly in demand for positions such as illustrator, web page and multimedia designer, animator and art director. Some art and design masters graduates go into art and design teaching in college.
List of schools and programs
Learn how to turn your creativity into entertainment at Toronto Film School. Choose from programs in film production, acting, screen writing, or video games.
- Acting for Film, Television & Theatre
- Graphic Design and Interactive Media
- Video Game Design and Development
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Graphic Arts and Design
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- AS in Digital Graphic Arts
- Web Design - LCA.C0
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Computer Graphics and Design
- Diploma-Computer Graphics Specialist
- Associate Degree-Web Design
- And more...
The Berkeley Advantage®
Preparing students for professional and personal success is what Berkeley College is all about. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- BFA, Graphic Design
Learning at Full Sail University has always centered around interaction and the exchange of ideas. Our online curriculum fully embraces this philosophy. We have developed our own online learning environment with the aim of being the most people-focused education experience on the web.
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- Graphic Design Technology
- Graphic Design
- 3D Modeling Animation Art and Design
- Game Development and Design
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.
- Bachelor of Science, Graphic Design (Online)