If you have the desire and potential to work as a graphic designer or similar, then you will need to know more about art and design programs and where they are available. This page is particularly for those wanting to know more about working in graphic and multimedia design, visual communication, media arts, animation, and similar ares, but can only study in their spare time. It provides advice about studying online programs and identifies which schools offer them.
An art and design online program is just what you need to study if you want to be a graphic designer. As a graphic designer you would be creating images that communicate the message desired by the client. So you would need the skills to analyze the communication problem and then use your creative talents to produce a visual solution. This page provides more information on the programs that develop these skills, where they can be studied, what the prospects are after completion, and more…
What is studied in art and design programs?
Designers seek the most effective way to visually communicate messages in print, online and digital media. They analyze communications problems and then plan and create visual solutions. Students in graphic design degree programs typically take courses in the principles and techniques of working with color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and computer layout techniques.
The main specializations include:
- Animation: Animation, multimedia technology, digital design, media arts architecture
- Fashion: Fashion merchandising. art and design fashion
- Graphic Design & Multimedia: Graphic design, multimedia design, advertising, animation, interactive media design, media arts and animation, visual communication, and more.
- Interior Design: Interior design
- Video Game Dev & Design: Game art and design, game software development, and more.
- Visual Communication: Visual communications, multimedia
- Web Development & Design: Web design, web application development, and more.
What jobs are available for graduates?
Graduates of art and design programs are particularly in demand for positions such as illustrator, web page and multimedia designer, animator and art director. Some art and design masters graduates go into art and design teaching in college.
List of schools and programs
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Dedicated career services team that helps students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary
- Program Coordinators focus on improving program content and ensure that students have the resources they need
- Over 50 locations nationwide
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Graphic & Web Design (BFA)
- Graphic Design (D)
- Graphic Design (BS)
- And more...
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.