If you have the desire and potential to work as a graphic designer or similar, then you will need to know more about art and design programs and where they are available. This page is particularly for those wanting to know more about working in graphic and multimedia design, visual communication, media arts, animation, and similar ares, but can only study in their spare time. It provides advice about studying online programs and identifies which schools offer them.
An art and design online program is just what you need to study if you want to be a graphic designer. As a graphic designer you would be creating images that communicate the message desired by the client. So you would need the skills to analyze the communication problem and then use your creative talents to produce a visual solution. This page provides more information on the programs that develop these skills, where they can be studied, what the prospects are after completion, and more…
What is studied in art and design programs?
Designers seek the most effective way to visually communicate messages in print, online and digital media. They analyze communications problems and then plan and create visual solutions. Students in graphic design degree programs typically take courses in the principles and techniques of working with color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and computer layout techniques.
The main specializations include:
- Animation: Animation, multimedia technology, digital design, media arts architecture
- Fashion: Fashion merchandising. art and design fashion
- Graphic Design & Multimedia: Graphic design, multimedia design, advertising, animation, interactive media design, media arts and animation, visual communication, and more.
- Interior Design: Interior design
- Video Game Dev & Design: Game art and design, game software development, and more.
- Visual Communication: Visual communications, multimedia
- Web Development & Design: Web design, web application development, and more.
What jobs are available for graduates?
Graduates of art and design programs are particularly in demand for positions such as illustrator, web page and multimedia designer, animator and art director. Some art and design masters graduates go into art and design teaching in college.
List of schools and programs
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Computer Animation, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Game Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- And more...
- ECPI’s programs keep you ahead of curve in today’s fast-growing tech industry
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Choose from programs in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Engineering & more
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Web Design & Development
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Fine Arts: Graphic Design
The Secret to Getting Ahead Is Getting Started
With a mission of helping students graduate, launch better careers, and gain greater independence to live the life they want as soon as possible, Independence University offers flexible fully online degree programs. Program options are available in healthcare, business, information technology, and graphic arts. The programs are career-focused to help ensure the knowledge and skills you learn match what today's employers are looking for.
- Graphic Arts (BS)