An ADN program usually includes courses in: human anatomy and physiology, human nutrition, psychology, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, adult nursing, maternal child nursing, nursing role and scope, sociology, success strategies.
You can study an ADN on campus or online, but you can’t necessarily learn everything about being a nurse online. Many programs will include supervised clinical experience in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Make sure that you take a program that is designed to prepare you for the NCLEX licensing exam to become a Registered Nurse. This page has more details about the programs – what they include, where they can be studied, what the career prospects are, and more …
What nursing jobs are there on completion of an ADN?
Registered nurses with an ADN are found in several major settings, including:
- Hospitals – usually assigned to nursing duties in one department;
- Clinics/Centers/Healthcare Offices – caring for outpatients;
- Nursing Homes – caring for residents;
- Schools – providing health care and education to staff and students;
- Home Care/Hospice – providing nursing services to patients at home;
- Prevention/Education Programs – promoting healthy lifestyles and providing health education;
- Public Health – advocating, advising on, and promoting a healthy society;
- And there are many other opportunities for nurses.
Opportunities for nurses are increasing world-wide. In the USA, thousands of job openings will result from the need to replace experienced nurses who are leaving as they reach retirement. With the world population living longer and so needing more care, jobs in health care are increasing, and will likely stay that way for many years to come. The US Department of Labor reports that employment of nurse practitioners is expected to grow over 33.7% from 2012 to 2022.
How much can you expect to earn with an associate degree in nursing?
The median expected salary for a typical Staff Nurse – RN it is over $68,000 (prepared using Salary.com’s Certified Compensation Professionals’ analysis of survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at employers of all sizes, industries and geographies).
List of nursing schools and associate degree programs
- Accelerate your nursing career, deliver better patient care and earn 28 CNEs with Vohra’s Wound Certified Nurse (VWCN™) distinction. Use code HELLO50 for $50 off any Wound Care Certification program.
- 11 Core Modules
- 2 Bonus Modules
- Unlimited Access
- 28 ANCC Continuing Nursing Education Credits
- Wound Care Certification
- Wound Care Certification
- Build a better future for yourself—and the world. This is the place where students graduate not only poised for career success—but also ready to make a difference in their communities.
- Enroll with Ohio University without having to leave home!
- Experience the best student-centered learning experience in the country anywhere you have an Internet connection!
- Ohio University is regionally accredited by HLC. All nursing programs at Ohio University are CCNE and HLC accredited.
- RN to BSN