An ADN program usually includes courses in: human anatomy and physiology, human nutrition, psychology, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, adult nursing, maternal child nursing, nursing role and scope, sociology, success strategies.
You can study an ADN on campus or online, but you can’t necessarily learn everything about being a nurse online. Many programs will include supervised clinical experience in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Make sure that you take a program that is designed to prepare you for the NCLEX licensing exam to become a Registered Nurse. This page has more details about the programs – what they include, where they can be studied, what the career prospects are, and more …
What nursing jobs are there on completion of an ADN?
Registered nurses with an ADN are found in several major settings, including:
- Hospitals – usually assigned to nursing duties in one department;
- Clinics/Centers/Healthcare Offices – caring for outpatients;
- Nursing Homes – caring for residents;
- Schools – providing health care and education to staff and students;
- Home Care/Hospice – providing nursing services to patients at home;
- Prevention/Education Programs – promoting healthy lifestyles and providing health education;
- Public Health – advocating, advising on, and promoting a healthy society;
- And there are many other opportunities for nurses.
Opportunities for nurses are increasing world-wide. In the USA, thousands of job openings will result from the need to replace experienced nurses who are leaving as they reach retirement. With the world population living longer and so needing more care, jobs in health care are increasing, and will likely stay that way for many years to come. The US Department of Labor reports that employment of nurse practitioners is expected to grow over 33.7% from 2012 to 2022.
How much can you expect to earn with an associate degree in nursing?
The median expected salary for a typical Staff Nurse – RN it is over $68,000 (prepared using Salary.com’s Certified Compensation Professionals’ analysis of survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at employers of all sizes, industries and geographies).
List of nursing schools and associate degree programs
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- BecomeANurseOnline.com - Online/Campus Nursing Diploma Programs Available
- Are You Ready to Start Earning Your Nursing Degree in 2019? Find Affordable and Flexible CNA Programs Here!
- Answer a Few Questions to Get Free Info on Online or Campus CNA Programs Within Minutes
- Choose from Diploma, Associate, and Certificate Level Nursing Degree Options
- Get Matched to Nursing Programs Today—It's Fast, Easy, and Free!