An ADN program usually includes courses in: human anatomy and physiology, human nutrition, psychology, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, adult nursing, maternal child nursing, nursing role and scope, sociology, success strategies.
You can study an ADN on campus or online, but you can’t necessarily learn everything about being a nurse online. Many programs will include supervised clinical experience in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Make sure that you take a program that is designed to prepare you for the NCLEX licensing exam to become a Registered Nurse. This page has more details about the programs – what they include, where they can be studied, what the career prospects are, and more …
What nursing jobs are there on completion of an ADN?
Registered nurses with an ADN are found in several major settings, including:
- Hospitals – usually assigned to nursing duties in one department;
- Clinics/Centers/Healthcare Offices – caring for outpatients;
- Nursing Homes – caring for residents;
- Schools – providing health care and education to staff and students;
- Home Care/Hospice – providing nursing services to patients at home;
- Prevention/Education Programs – promoting healthy lifestyles and providing health education;
- Public Health – advocating, advising on, and promoting a healthy society;
- And there are many other opportunities for nurses.
Opportunities for nurses are increasing world-wide. In the USA, thousands of job openings will result from the need to replace experienced nurses who are leaving as they reach retirement. With the world population living longer and so needing more care, jobs in health care are increasing, and will likely stay that way for many years to come. The US Department of Labor reports that employment of nurse practitioners is expected to grow over 33.7% from 2012 to 2022.
How much can you expect to earn with an associate degree in nursing?
The median expected salary for a typical Staff Nurse – RN it is over $68,000 (prepared using Salary.com’s Certified Compensation Professionals’ analysis of survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at employers of all sizes, industries and geographies).
List of nursing schools and associate degree programs
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
- RN to BSN Online Option
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!