An ADN program usually includes courses in: human anatomy and physiology, human nutrition, psychology, fundamentals of nursing, pharmacology, adult nursing, maternal child nursing, nursing role and scope, sociology, success strategies.
You can study an ADN on campus or online, but you can’t necessarily learn everything about being a nurse online. Many programs will include supervised clinical experience in hospitals and other healthcare facilities. Make sure that you take a program that is designed to prepare you for the NCLEX licensing exam to become a Registered Nurse. This page has more details about the programs – what they include, where they can be studied, what the career prospects are, and more …
What nursing jobs are there on completion of an ADN?
Registered nurses with an ADN are found in several major settings, including:
- Hospitals – usually assigned to nursing duties in one department;
- Clinics/Centers/Healthcare Offices – caring for outpatients;
- Nursing Homes – caring for residents;
- Schools – providing health care and education to staff and students;
- Home Care/Hospice – providing nursing services to patients at home;
- Prevention/Education Programs – promoting healthy lifestyles and providing health education;
- Public Health – advocating, advising on, and promoting a healthy society;
- And there are many other opportunities for nurses.
Opportunities for nurses are increasing world-wide. In the USA, thousands of job openings will result from the need to replace experienced nurses who are leaving as they reach retirement. With the world population living longer and so needing more care, jobs in health care are increasing, and will likely stay that way for many years to come. The US Department of Labor reports that employment of nurse practitioners is expected to grow over 33.7% from 2012 to 2022.
How much can you expect to earn with an associate degree in nursing?
The median expected salary for a typical Staff Nurse – RN it is over $68,000 (prepared using Salary.com’s Certified Compensation Professionals’ analysis of survey data collected from thousands of HR departments at employers of all sizes, industries and geographies).
List of nursing schools and associate degree programs
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing - Associate of Applied Science
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Assistant
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- A.S. - Nursing
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Associate of Science in Health Science - Pre-Nursing
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- And more...
Sullivan University is Kentucky's largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you're a high school student considering college for the first time, an adult returning to school or someone seeking professional development, you'll be surprised at the variety and range of alternatives Sullivan University offers.
- Practical Nursing Diploma
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Nursing
Unitek College – About Us
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career. Your training at Unitek College will position you to take advantage of the rising demand for experts in allied health, nursing, and technology professions. Our programs include Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting, Vocational Nursing, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Degree Completion.
- Vocational Nursing
- Medical Assisting
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Practical Nursing
Since 1866, Davenport University has been providing students with real-world experience, giving them the edge they need to get the career they want.
Our goal is to offer guaranteed job placement to most of our students by 2020.
- Nursing Pre-Licensure, BS