A bachelors degree is an entry-level qualifications for many jobs. It is also an essential prerequisite for progressing further in education to obtain a graduate degree that will qualify you for higher level positions in industry, commerce, education, health, etc. If you are already in the workforce, or are otherwise unable to attend a campus-based degree program, you may wish to consider taking your program online.
This page helps you if you are looking for information about bachelor programs, and also if you want to know more about the difficulties of studying online and on-campus.
Taking a bachelor’s degree online
It is hard and often lonely taking a program online. You will possibly have found already in your school studies that studying with your friends helps. It is the same with online programs. So learn to use your fellow online students for mutual support – as ‘online friends’. You will also need understanding close friends and family.
Online learning now makes it possible for you to take bachelors programs online in IT (BIT), Education (BEd), Health, Public Administration, Counseling, Journalism, Law, etc, from a distance education institution anywhere in the world. Of course, there may be an attendance requirement in those degrees requiring a practicum.
To learn more about the specific areas in which bachelor’s programs online are available, click on the subject area of interest under “Online Programs”. You can browse schools and programs at the foot of this pages and/or use the search boxes.
Taking bachelor programs on-campus
There is stlll a lot to be said for the “campus” experience. This “campus” experience provides opportunities for socializing, making new friends and establishing useful contacts for the future. So make the most of your time at university – it is a never-to-be-repeated experience. But amidst all this socializing you must make time for study. It is too easy to get caught up in the extra-curricular activities and fail in your work.
You can take just about any subject as a Bachelor’s program on-campus. But you may have to travel to another state or province to get exactly what you want. Click “On Campus Programs” in the navigation bar to explore the programs available, or the “On Campus Universities” link to explore the schools in your area. You can also browse more schools and programs below.
List of schools and programs
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
Now you don't have to leave home to earn a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree from Northern Illinois University!
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
Designed by RNs for RNs
Chamberlain’s RN to BSN option offers convenient 100% online coursework, no mandatory login times and no campus visits. This flexible framework allows you to continue in your current role while you pursue your degree. And, because the curriculum is developed and taught by RNs who are also educators, you know you are learning what you need to push your skills forward now – and in the future.
Aviation Institute of Maintenance schools are distinguished institutes committed to the education and personal enrichment of each student interested in the Aviation Industry. Students can succeed in our collegiate environment when properly motivated and taught to set goals in furthering their education. All aspects of our mechanic school are enriched with creating an atmosphere conducive to learning, while instilling a high degree of business ethics and professionalism.