In order to work in the banking industry you will need to understand all aspects of the business and finance as they relate to the local communities. A banker will asses the funding needs for many situations, which will include real estate, small businesses, and international trade as well. Also a banker will need to have the ability to assist their customers and be able to communicate with them effectively.
There are bachelor degrees available for this type of career for anyone who may be interested in this particular field. Banking degree programs prepare students for the many aspects in regard to banking, which also shall include credit analyst, loan officer, branch manager, investment banker and financial planner. This page has details about the programs, where they can be taken, what the prospects are, and more … You might also be interested in a finance program or an accounting program.
What is studied in banking degree programs?
All students will need to have a high school diploma or the equivalent before ever being able to enroll into this kind of degree program. There are many schools that will want to take into consideration other items, like an applicant’s ACT/SAT score, high school GPA and also a personal recommendation.
The course work for the degree will cover a wide range of subjects so to prepare a student for graduation. Courses will include: Statistics, financial accounting, bank management, communications, credit analysis, international banking and business, financial planning, market research and investments.
A student will gain the good communication skills, that will be both written and verbal, which shall be needed to help interact with their customers. The graduates will also need to have the ability to make and also choose the right decisions in regard to finance, marketing and management.
What are the prospects for graduates?
According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics that about 63 % of jobs within this industry will go directly to bank tellers. Their average wages are quite rewarding. The ones who have their banking degree can get positions as a loan official with a high yearly salary that is expected to increase with experience. In time, the graduate shall become eligible to perform duties within a financial institution that will include lending, cash management, managing the banks employees, accounting and budgeting. They will be able to work at banks, loan lending offices and many financial institutions. Graduates with an MBA in Banking will be able to apply for better positions than those with only a bachelor degree.
It is being reported that by the year 2016 that the opportunities in this industry will increase by 3 to 10 percent making it a very sought-after career for those who wish to become involved in the banking industry. The BLS is reporting that the job outlook is quite promising for management and administrative positions in this kind of industry.
List of schools and programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
- M.B.A.: Finance
- B.S. in Accounting
- And more...
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Personal Financial Banking
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MHA: Finance
- BS in Business - Finance
- MBA: Finance
- And more...
- With ECPI, you can obtain the education needed to enter today’s global marketplace
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Separate yourself from the pack by completing one of Saint Leo’s highly-rated Business degree programs. Associates, Bachelors, and Graduate degrees in highly sought-after concentrations available!
- Learn the necessary skills and build the foundation to propel your business career by receiving an education from our faculty members with true real-world experience.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Business degree today!
- BA: Accounting
- MAcc: Accounting
- BA: Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Master of Accountancy (Macc)
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration - Marketing Management
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Master of Accounting
The esteemed faculty of the Collat School of Business is comprised of seasoned professionals who consult for Fortune 500 companies and the Big 4 accounting firms. They channel their expertise to create evolved, flexible programs that make our institution celebrated among online business schools.
Each business degree online is designed to help you develop skills in your specific area of interest, such as finance, management, marketing, accounting, and information systems.
- Master of Accounting