In order to work in the banking industry you will need to understand all aspects of the business and finance as they relate to the local communities. A banker will asses the funding needs for many situations, which will include real estate, small businesses, and international trade as well. Also a banker will need to have the ability to assist their customers and be able to communicate with them effectively.
There are bachelor degrees available for this type of career for anyone who may be interested in this particular field. Banking degree programs prepare students for the many aspects in regard to banking, which also shall include credit analyst, loan officer, branch manager, investment banker and financial planner. This page has details about the programs, where they can be taken, what the prospects are, and more … You might also be interested in a finance program or an accounting program.
What is studied in banking degree programs?
All students will need to have a high school diploma or the equivalent before ever being able to enroll into this kind of degree program. There are many schools that will want to take into consideration other items, like an applicant’s ACT/SAT score, high school GPA and also a personal recommendation.
The course work for the degree will cover a wide range of subjects so to prepare a student for graduation. Courses will include: Statistics, financial accounting, bank management, communications, credit analysis, international banking and business, financial planning, market research and investments.
A student will gain the good communication skills, that will be both written and verbal, which shall be needed to help interact with their customers. The graduates will also need to have the ability to make and also choose the right decisions in regard to finance, marketing and management.
What are the prospects for graduates?
According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics that about 63 % of jobs within this industry will go directly to bank tellers. Their average wages are quite rewarding. The ones who have their banking degree can get positions as a loan official with a high yearly salary that is expected to increase with experience. In time, the graduate shall become eligible to perform duties within a financial institution that will include lending, cash management, managing the banks employees, accounting and budgeting. They will be able to work at banks, loan lending offices and many financial institutions. Graduates with an MBA in Banking will be able to apply for better positions than those with only a bachelor degree.
It is being reported that by the year 2016 that the opportunities in this industry will increase by 3 to 10 percent making it a very sought-after career for those who wish to become involved in the banking industry. The BLS is reporting that the job outlook is quite promising for management and administrative positions in this kind of industry.
List of schools and programs
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BS in Business Administration - Financial Analysis
- MBA - Finance
- BSFIN - General Finance
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Finance (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Accounting (BS) (Online)
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Accounting
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
- Advanced Accounting - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- And more...
Centura College, with campus locations in Virginia, South Carolina and Florida, is dedicated to helping students gain the skills and attitudes necessary to succeed. Drawing from over 30 years of career school experience.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business-Concentration in Accounting Administration
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Looking for an Online Business Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!