In order to work in the banking industry you will need to understand all aspects of the business and finance as they relate to the local communities. A banker will asses the funding needs for many situations, which will include real estate, small businesses, and international trade as well. Also a banker will need to have the ability to assist their customers and be able to communicate with them effectively.
There are bachelor degrees available for this type of career for anyone who may be interested in this particular field. Banking degree programs prepare students for the many aspects in regard to banking, which also shall include credit analyst, loan officer, branch manager, investment banker and financial planner. This page has details about the programs, where they can be taken, what the prospects are, and more … You might also be interested in a finance program or an accounting program.
What is studied in banking degree programs?
All students will need to have a high school diploma or the equivalent before ever being able to enroll into this kind of degree program. There are many schools that will want to take into consideration other items, like an applicant’s ACT/SAT score, high school GPA and also a personal recommendation.
The course work for the degree will cover a wide range of subjects so to prepare a student for graduation. Courses will include: Statistics, financial accounting, bank management, communications, credit analysis, international banking and business, financial planning, market research and investments.
A student will gain the good communication skills, that will be both written and verbal, which shall be needed to help interact with their customers. The graduates will also need to have the ability to make and also choose the right decisions in regard to finance, marketing and management.
What are the prospects for graduates?
According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics that about 63 % of jobs within this industry will go directly to bank tellers. Their average wages are quite rewarding. The ones who have their banking degree can get positions as a loan official with a high yearly salary that is expected to increase with experience. In time, the graduate shall become eligible to perform duties within a financial institution that will include lending, cash management, managing the banks employees, accounting and budgeting. They will be able to work at banks, loan lending offices and many financial institutions. Graduates with an MBA in Banking will be able to apply for better positions than those with only a bachelor degree.
It is being reported that by the year 2016 that the opportunities in this industry will increase by 3 to 10 percent making it a very sought-after career for those who wish to become involved in the banking industry. The BLS is reporting that the job outlook is quite promising for management and administrative positions in this kind of industry.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- MSA: Business
- MBA: Finance
- BS in Business - Finance
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - MBA
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Business Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Business Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!