Online security companies are predicting an increase in cyber crime in 2015.
Stuart Dredge, freelance journalist and contributing editor to Guardian Technology, lists and discusses the areas to watch – based on the predictions of companies including BitDefender, KPMG, AdaptiveMobile, Trend Micro, BAE Systems, WebSense, InfoSec Institute, Symantec, Kaspersky, Proofpoint and Sophos:
- Targeted attacks and sophisticated spam;
- Banking and healthcare companies at risk;
- Ransomware on the rise;
- Mobile payments;
- Mobile malware aims at Apple, not just Android;
- Open source code still a target;
- Criminals hiding on the darknet;
- Social media malware and malvertising;
- Internet of Things a rising concern;
- Cyberwar as criminal/state boundaries blur.
Read more about each of these areas T: How you could become a victim of cybercrime in 2015 | Technology | The Guardian.