Business management is concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. There are lots of organizations that employ people in this type of position, whether it is a small company, a retail chain or a huge corporation. And within the larger companies there are separate departments with managers. This job will also climb in salary based on the number of years experience, number of people managed and size of company. In most cases the level of education attained, combined with a proven track record in employment, will determine your suitability for a position.
You can study starting at an associate degree in business management right through to a masters degree in business management. Many people take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration) Program with a management specialization, which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs can get better jobs and higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. This page is to help you find out more about business management programs, what the courses are, what careers are possible, and what you can earn.
What is studied for business management?
The trends for this type of position may range based on the type of education and the number of years experience that someone has. Training can be provided online or in person. There are also part time courses that can help someone develop their learning over a longer stretch of time. Whether someone gets their minimum training or masters will also influence the pay.
Some schools offer business management as Bachelors of Science with various management strands, such as Management, Global Business Management, Project Management, Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship, and many others.
It is possible to take management in an online Business Administration program. Relevant courses in such a program include: strategic management, organizational management, HR management, finance and accounting, microeconomics, and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in majors including: Project management, Health Services Management, Hospitality Management, Operations Management, Security Management, and HR management. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) programs and in doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects?
Picking a career may not be easy, however earning a degree in business can certainly broaden the possibilities. This particular skill can lead someone in many directions. They may be a project manager in a huge company, factory or corporation. The skills learned through a degree can also be used to work in a human resources department overseeing the operation of the department.
A retail manager will need to have the skills learned through a degree. The manager would need to have administration experience, the ability to monitor and supervise staff members as well as run the store. Marketing expertise may also keep the store profiting as it should.
An IT project supervisor will be responsible for many IT positions and the work load. They will assess the work, tackle the problems and oversee some of the work of other staff and employees. With a crew to run and all of the issues riding on their choices, it can be a very profitable and rewarding career.
A general manager will take responsibility for all staff, jobs and potential sales. They will deal with troubling issues, preventing issues and helping to maximize growth. The areas that this field will cover will help someone expand their capacity and use every venue possible to build up a strong company.
The pay for jobs in business management may vary considerably. Someone who works in retail as an assistant may earn from 27k to 46k, a retail manager could find themselves earning 32-58k. A project manager may earn 48-83k, with the top earners sitting around the 78-107k range for IT managers. Finding jobs with a degree in business management that pay well may take some time and research.
List of schools and programs
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Management
- B.S. in Business Administration / Management
- A.S. in Management
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MBA: Strategic Management
- DBA: Strategic Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration: Automotive Dealership Management
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration - General Management
- Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Leadership
- B.S. in Business Analytics
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Applied Management
- Ed. D. in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Health Care Administration
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- BS in Operations Management - Project Management
- BS in Operations Management
- BS in Operations Management - Logistics and Transportation
- And more...
Abilene Christian University is a national leader in Christian higher education and a place where students, faculty, staff and alumni make a real difference in the world.
- Master of Science in Management - Marketing
- Master of Science in Management - International Business
- Master of Science in Management - Business Analytics
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Ph.D. Organizational Leadership
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!