Business management is concerned with the organization and smooth running of a company. There are lots of organizations that employ people in this type of position, whether it is a small company, a retail chain or a huge corporation. And within the larger companies there are separate departments with managers. This job will also climb in salary based on the number of years experience, number of people managed and size of company. In most cases the level of education attained, combined with a proven track record in employment, will determine your suitability for a position.
You can study starting at an associate degree in business management right through to a masters degree in business management. Many people take an online MBA (Masters in Business Administration) Program with a management specialization, which they can complete whilst still in employment. Graduates of MBAs can get better jobs and higher salaries. Online doctoral (DBA) programs are also becoming popular now. This page is to help you find out more about business management programs, what the courses are, what careers are possible, and what you can earn.
What is studied for business management?
The trends for this type of position may range based on the type of education and the number of years experience that someone has. Training can be provided online or in person. There are also part time courses that can help someone develop their learning over a longer stretch of time. Whether someone gets their minimum training or masters will also influence the pay.
Some schools offer business management as Bachelors of Science with various management strands, such as Management, Global Business Management, Project Management, Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship, and many others.
It is possible to take management in an online Business Administration program. Relevant courses in such a program include: strategic management, organizational management, HR management, finance and accounting, microeconomics, and business ethics. Some programs allow specialization in majors including: Project management, Health Services Management, Hospitality Management, Operations Management, Security Management, and HR management. Similar specializations can be taken in masters (MBA) programs and in doctoral (DBA) programs.
What are the career prospects?
Picking a career may not be easy, however earning a degree in business can certainly broaden the possibilities. This particular skill can lead someone in many directions. They may be a project manager in a huge company, factory or corporation. The skills learned through a degree can also be used to work in a human resources department overseeing the operation of the department.
A retail manager will need to have the skills learned through a degree. The manager would need to have administration experience, the ability to monitor and supervise staff members as well as run the store. Marketing expertise may also keep the store profiting as it should.
An IT project supervisor will be responsible for many IT positions and the work load. They will assess the work, tackle the problems and oversee some of the work of other staff and employees. With a crew to run and all of the issues riding on their choices, it can be a very profitable and rewarding career.
A general manager will take responsibility for all staff, jobs and potential sales. They will deal with troubling issues, preventing issues and helping to maximize growth. The areas that this field will cover will help someone expand their capacity and use every venue possible to build up a strong company.
The pay for jobs in business management may vary considerably. Someone who works in retail as an assistant may earn from 27k to 46k, a retail manager could find themselves earning 32-58k. A project manager may earn 48-83k, with the top earners sitting around the 78-107k range for IT managers. Finding jobs with a degree in business management that pay well may take some time and research.
List of schools and programs
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Master of Science in Management and Leadership
- BS in Business Administration - Management
- BS in Business Administration - Sales Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Organizational Management (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration (BS) (Online)
- Business Administration - Customized Professional (BS) (Online)
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration (DBA)
- Business Administration (MBA)
- And more...
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Project Management
- Master of Science in Management
- And more...
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Management and Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - General Management
- Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership - Not-for-Profit Management
- And more...
For nearly a century, Columbia International University has educated people from a biblical worldview to impact the nations with the message of Christ. Today we continue that effort, offering 21 degree programs for residential undergraduate students, as well as graduate and seminary programs, professional certificates, and convenient online programs for working adults.
- Bachelor of Science in Business
- Associate of Arts in Business
- Master of Business Administration
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Management
- MBA - Management
- MBA - Project Management
- And more...
- Online and ground-based program areas include Fashion Marketing and Management and more.
- Students can study branding, event management, and public relations to help them prepare for a marketing career
- Course topics include Fundamentals of Business, Brand Strategy, Project Management, and Principles of Market Research
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Join our next Open House on 10/21 (10/28 @ select locations)!
- Fashion & Retail Marketing (AS)
- Marketing & Entertainment Management (BS)
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
- Online MHA Concentration in Population Management
- Online MHA Concentration in Senior Services
- Online General MHA
- And more...
Note: This post contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on them.