Many future and current college students analyze the potential that a degree may hold for them, especially in today’s challenging economic environment. The economic downturn of 2008 made many business students and graduates wonder what their degrees would be worth. There are fortunately many rewarding opportunities available for those who hold associates, bachelors, and master degrees in a business-related field, and the higher the level of degree, the higher the earning potential for a professional. And of course, there is always the possibility of starting one’s own small business.
There are degrees to cover a broad spectrum of business disciplines, including accounting, finance, management, international business, human resources management, and marketing. Business programs open the doors to higher salaries than other majors do over time. This page helps you to find out where you can take suitable programs, what the trends are, what you can earn after graduation, and more …
What do I study in a business degree?
Students taking a bachelor’s in business will usually have to take statistics, economics, algebra, accounting, marketing, management, and finance courses as part of a general curriculum. They then have to take specialized courses in their major and minor, for example, a bachelor’s degree in business administration might include majors such as: Project Management; Business Information Systems; and, Technical Communication.
There are many new trends in the field of business education that students need to be aware of. The first is that a degree in business administration is by far the most popular choice amongst students. But within an administration degree one finds many specializations.
Health administration degrees are becoming more widespread. The demand for healthcare professionals, given the higher demand that aging baby boomers will have for medical services, will steadily increase in the next decade. Along with this increase will be more of a need for professionals who run medical offices, offices within hospitals, and more. This is where business health degrees come in.
Another hot trend in the field of business networking is that of social networking. The most popular social network sites provide solid forums where classmates and professors alike can post comments within minutes of posts going up. It is a phenomenon that was unheard of just a few years ago.
What are the prospects after graduation?
Those holding degrees in different business disciplines can expect to earn higher salaries than those with other majors do over time. The higher the level of degree, the more that a person earn. Some of the trends in business education include the prevalence of healthcare administration degrees, the increased demand for online learning classes, and the increasingly important role that social networking now plays in business programs across the country. There are general classes that all business majors take, including statistics, accounting, finance, marketing, and economics classes. Students then proceed to take more specialized classes in their major.
Your salary will depend on the level of the degree. According to reputable sources, those who have an associates degree can earn anywhere from US$32,000 to US$43,000 per year. Those with a bachelors can add up to US$5,000 more per year in earning potential, and those with a masters can earn up to US$11,000 per year more. Those with masters degrees tend to take on executive roles, and their earning capability has the potential to be limitless if they are aggressive and network extensively. Of course, all these salaries are also dependent on experience, location and the particular business.
On average, those who are in retail and hold degrees tend to see earnings on the lower end of the spectrum as described above. Those in finance, accounting, and marketing see some of the highest salaries and are on the higher end of the salary range as delineated previously. Entry level employees in any business field overall tend to make salaries spanning from US$30,000 to US$50,000, though there are many exceptions and salaries that fall out of this range.
List of business schools and programs
- Top-ranked online MBA
- As few as 24 months to complete
- GMAT waivers for experienced professionalsin 24 months.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Six concentrations available
- AACSB accredited
- Master of Business Adminitration (MBA)
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Business Administration
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Data Analytics)
- And more...
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Master of Business Administration - Multidisciplinary
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- B.S. in Business Administration
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Online degrees offered include BA in Accounting, BA in Business Administration, MBA, and more.
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Courses help students develop knowledge of marketing, accounting, economic principles, and financial management.
- Business Administration students can specialize in areas such as Entrepreneurship, Finance, and Project Management.
- BA/Business Administration - No Concentration
- MBA - No Specialization
- MBA - Marketing
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Management - D.B.A.
- Management - MBA
- General Business - MBA
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Marketing
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - International Business
- Value investing is an investment approach that helps investors identify, research, and buy securities priced well below their true market value. Enroll today.
- The Value Investing (Online) program provides you with an integrated framework that teaches you how to identify opportunities for investment that others may miss. Apply Now.
- The Value Investing (Online) program is designed to give you a strong foundation in one of the most successful investment strategies ever developed.
- Follow in the footsteps of legendary investors like Warren Buffett and Mario Gabelli, who have been guided by these principles during their entire career.
- Master Design Thinking
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!