Do you want to be a teacher or an administrator in an elementary or pre-school learning environment? Or perhaps an early childhood education curriculum developer, or education program director? If so, you probably need to get an early childhood education masters.
Early childhood degrees prepare you for jobs in education and administration related to children from birth to age eight. To do this, the early childhood education curriculum track includes courses in child psychology, parenting, and early childhood instruction and learning strategies.
This page is for those wanting to know more about early childhood education degrees at masters level. It provides information on what is studied, where you can study these programs, the career prospects, and more. You may also wish to explore the elementary education programs.
What does the masters cover?
An early childhood education masters degree typically includes: child growth and development, child psychology, instructional and teaching methods for young children, elementary instruction methods, the design of primary-school curricula, classroom management, family engagement, language acquisition, and literacy education. But the actual curriculum will vary from institution to institution. For example, some might include the delivery of differentiated instruction, collaboration with parents and communities, how diversity affects development and learning in early childhood, the impact of living in poverty and the effects of stress, violence, and trauma. Some Masters programs require you to hold a teaching certificate.
What are the career prospects with an early childhood education masters?
Education is one of the largest industries and online early childhood degrees offer plenty of career options. Most US States now require lead teachers in state-funded pre-kindergarten programs to have early childhood training. Typically, the early childhood education online courses prepare you for work with preschool through fifth grade (K-5).
A Master of Education (MEd) in Early Childhood Education is often necessary for a position as an early childhood education administrator, curriculum developer, or education program director. For teaching childhood education in a college or university, an early childhood education masters or PhD is required.
The United States Department of Labor reports an approximate annual income of about $50,000 for early childhood and elementary education teachers. Prospects are good in the sector as the government has placed an emphasis on it.
List of schools and programs
- Regent’s School of Education will prepare you for today's dynamic world of education
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with TEAC graduate program accreditation
- Regent University is proud to be ranked as a top military-friendly school
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Specializations in instructional design, special education, & Christian leadership
- Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education*
- M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Child Studies
- A.S. in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Instructional Design & Technology
- And more...
- Choose from 16 education degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
- Explore different facets of education, including curriculum development, administration, early childhood education, special education, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for bachelor’s programs and 6 weeks for master’s programs.
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
- MA Early Childhood Education Leadership
- And more...
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!