Do you want to be a teacher or an administrator in an elementary or pre-school learning environment? Or perhaps an early childhood education curriculum developer, or education program director? If so, you probably need to get an early childhood education masters.
Early childhood degrees prepare you for jobs in education and administration related to children from birth to age eight. To do this, the early childhood education curriculum track includes courses in child psychology, parenting, and early childhood instruction and learning strategies.
This page is for those wanting to know more about early childhood education degrees at masters level. It provides information on what is studied, where you can study these programs, the career prospects, and more. You may also wish to explore the elementary education programs.
What does the masters cover?
An early childhood education masters degree typically includes: child growth and development, child psychology, instructional and teaching methods for young children, elementary instruction methods, the design of primary-school curricula, classroom management, family engagement, language acquisition, and literacy education. But the actual curriculum will vary from institution to institution. For example, some might include the delivery of differentiated instruction, collaboration with parents and communities, how diversity affects development and learning in early childhood, the impact of living in poverty and the effects of stress, violence, and trauma. Some Masters programs require you to hold a teaching certificate.
What are the career prospects with an early childhood education masters?
Education is one of the largest industries and online early childhood degrees offer plenty of career options. Most US States now require lead teachers in state-funded pre-kindergarten programs to have early childhood training. Typically, the early childhood education online courses prepare you for work with preschool through fifth grade (K-5).
A Master of Education (MEd) in Early Childhood Education is often necessary for a position as an early childhood education administrator, curriculum developer, or education program director. For teaching childhood education in a college or university, an early childhood education masters or PhD is required.
The United States Department of Labor reports an approximate annual income of about $50,000 for early childhood and elementary education teachers. Prospects are good in the sector as the government has placed an emphasis on it.
List of schools and programs
- Prepare for a career of learning, leading and serving with an online degree from GCU's College of Education!
- Engage, instruct and inspire students of all ages with one of GCU's many degree focuses.
- Offering initial teacher preparation options for bachelor's and master's in education.
- Take advantage of the small class sizes in both our online and campus colleges.
- For over 60 years, GCU has proudly maintained its rich heritage as a prestigious teaching college.
- B.S. in Early Childhood
- B.S. in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education
- M.Ed. in Master of Education in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education-ITL
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Child Studies
- A.S. in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education
- And more...
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
- MA Early Childhood Education Leadership
- And more...
- Instructional Design & Technology
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!