You probably need to know about educational administration and leadership if you want to progress in a career in school or college management. These degree programs, (and variants such as educational management and administration) are designed to enhance your expertise and career potential in school and college administration.
Most people who choose this specialization are already licensed teachers or school administrators wishing to further their career in administration. So the specialization is usually only offered at graduate level, e.g., as an education administration masters, or an educational leadership doctorate. This page is about the programs, where they can found, the career prospects aftre graduation, and more ….
What do educational administration and leadership programs cover?
Online degrees in this area are designed for teachers who are interested in a career as a principal or educational administrator. A typical masters program might include: education policy analysis, school law, roles and responsibilities of the principal, finance and budgeting, educational psychology, management, community relations, evaluation and assessment, educational technology, and supervision of personnel. Programs might also include an internship experience in school administration at the principal level and an action research project.
What jobs do the programs prepare you for?
Graduates of educational administration are equipped to pursue a career as a principal of a elementary, middle, or secondary school; academic dean; department chair; or other administrative and leadership position.
In the United States, the annual income with either a campus or an online educational administration degree is around $85,000 for elementary school principals to nearly $100,000 for school superintendents.
List of schools and programs
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- EDD: Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration: Education Leadership
- MED: Higher Education: Educational Leadership
- And more...
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Doctor of Management Private Sector Higher Education Leadership
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Ed. S. in K-12 Leadership
- Education programs include BA in Education Studies, BA in Child Development, and MA in Education.
- Students can specialize in areas such as Education and Public Policy, Instructional Design, and Early Childhood Education.
- Courses cover concepts such as phonics, curriculum development, instruction for English language learners, and more.
- Flexible, online courses allow students to pursue a degree on their own schedule.
- MA/Education - School Leadership in the 21st Century
- MA/Education - Special Education (non-licensure)
- MA in Education, Reading Literacy Specialization
- And more...
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Educational Technology Leadership
- Transformational Leadership (EDD)
- Ed.D. - Professional Leadership, Inquiry, and Transformation
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education - Higher Education Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Administration
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!