Educational psychology degree programs are very popular amongst students. As the name suggests, these programs study the psychology of the educational process. They can be taken at the bachelor level, but are mainly taken at master’s and doctoral levels. This area is very often of interest to those wishing to work as school psychologists, but is also of interest to those wanting management jobs or specialist positions in education, training, testing, or research. It is also of interest to those wanting to work in academic positions in universities or colleges.
This page provides more information about the content of the programs, where they can be studied, the career prospects, and more.
What do you study in these programs?
A typical educational psychology program would include the stages of development, psychological foundations of education, instructional strategies, and psychology research testing, methods and analysis.
A typical Masters program may include the following:
- Biological Basis of Behavior
- Contemporary Issues in Psychology
- Human Motivation
- Research Design
- The Cognitive Approach
- Psychology of Education
- Instructional Design
- Tests and Measurement
- Psychological Testing
- The Developmental Approach
- Culture and Psychology
A thesis may be required in addition or in place of some of the courses.
In a PhD Educational Psychology you can focus your study in an area that suits your professional interests, e.g., developmental science, instructional design, or teaching science. As an educational psychology doctoral student, you may be required to attend some residential workshops during your program.
What are the career prospects with an educational psychology degree?
One can find graduates of educational psychology degree in management jobs or specialist positions in education, training, testing, or research. With a degree educational psychology, in a job as a school psychologist you could expect a salary ofover US$52,000 (PayScales.com). Graduates with an educational psychology masters can find jobs as guidance counselors, educators, or social workers.
With a doctorate in educational psychology it is possible to obtain faculty positions at universities and community colleges. In the US, as an Assistant Professor you would earn about US$54,000, as a Associate Professor about US$67,000, and as a full Professor you would earn about US$85,000 – but the competition is tough.
List of schools and programs
- Want to explore human action and interaction? A psychology degree from GCU may be for you!
- Bachelor's and master's degrees offered conveniently online and on campus to fit your needs.
- Choose from a variety of program focuses at the bachelor's or master's level.
- Examine how personality and cognitive thinking is formed, developed and influenced.
- Science-based core curriculum that guides your knowledge of human behavior.
- Bridge - Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- M.Ed. - School Counseling: Teacher Licensure
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology: Addiction and Recovery
- Applied Psychology: Developmental Psychology
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology
- B.A. in Psychology / Human Development, Education and Health
- And more...
- Understand the Human Experience with a Psychology Degree from Saint Leo University!
- Whether you're interested in general psychology or clinical practices, earn your Psychology degree from one of the top-ranked Universities in Florida!
- Receive an Accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in any of our multiple Psychology programs from Saint Leo University!
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited Psychology degree today!
- BA: Psychology - General
- BA: Psychology - Developmental
- MS: Psychology
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- Child and Adolescent Psychology Certificate
- Ed.D. Educational Psychology and Technology
- M.S. Applied Behavior Analysis
- And more...
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Integrative Health Psychology
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Counseling and Clinical
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology - Biological Psychology
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling - Marriage, Couple, and Family
- Bachelor of Science - Professional Counseling