Educational psychology degree programs are very popular amongst students. As the name suggests, these programs study the psychology of the educational process. They can be taken at the bachelor level, but are mainly taken at master’s and doctoral levels. This area is very often of interest to those wishing to work as school psychologists, but is also of interest to those wanting management jobs or specialist positions in education, training, testing, or research. It is also of interest to those wanting to work in academic positions in universities or colleges.
This page provides more information about the content of the programs, where they can be studied, the career prospects, and more.
What do you study in these programs?
A typical educational psychology program would include the stages of development, psychological foundations of education, instructional strategies, and psychology research testing, methods and analysis.
A typical Masters program may include the following:
- Biological Basis of Behavior
- Contemporary Issues in Psychology
- Human Motivation
- Research Design
- The Cognitive Approach
- Psychology of Education
- Instructional Design
- Tests and Measurement
- Psychological Testing
- The Developmental Approach
- Culture and Psychology
A thesis may be required in addition or in place of some of the courses.
In a PhD Educational Psychology you can focus your study in an area that suits your professional interests, e.g., developmental science, instructional design, or teaching science. As an educational psychology doctoral student, you may be required to attend some residential workshops during your program.
What are the career prospects with an educational psychology degree?
One can find graduates of educational psychology degree in management jobs or specialist positions in education, training, testing, or research. With a degree educational psychology, in a job as a school psychologist you could expect a salary ofover US$52,000 (PayScales.com). Graduates with an educational psychology masters can find jobs as guidance counselors, educators, or social workers.
With a doctorate in educational psychology it is possible to obtain faculty positions at universities and community colleges. In the US, as an Assistant Professor you would earn about US$54,000, as a Associate Professor about US$67,000, and as a full Professor you would earn about US$85,000 – but the competition is tough.
List of schools and programs
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision
- Doctor of Education in Educational Psychology
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- And more...
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- Bridge - Doctor of Philosophy in Counselor Education and Supervision
- B.S. in Behavioral Health Science - Childhood and Adolescence Disorders
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.S. in Human Services / Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Counseling
- And more...
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Consumer Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Prepare for a career in Psychology with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree at Keiser University. On Campus or Online options available. Take the First Step Today!
- Programs include BA, MS, or PhD in Psychology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and more!
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- Keiser University offers practical learning experiences to prepare you for the modern workplace in a supportive, student-centered environment
- Psychology - Associate Degree
- Psychology - Bachelor Degree
- Psychology - Master Degree
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Mental Health Policy and Practice - Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology
- Master of Science in Child and Adolescent Developmental Psychology
- Psychology - BA
- And more...
- Earning A Psychology Degree Doesn’t Have To Be An Abstract Concept
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Top Degree Programs Available In Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Human Services, And More
- Make The Move From Thinking To Doing By Answering A Few Simple Questions Today.