Every day hundreds of new educational resources are added to the Internet. These include portals to open access resources, online journals, online books, and many other possibilities. Any attempt to produce a list of these is bound to be deficient and out of date as soon as it is published. It is also likely personal – all educators have their own favourites. So the few that are collected here are unashamedly my personal favorites – recommended to you as a good place to start.
Use the navigation bar in the right-hand column to explore more resource links, in particular links to educational resources information about online learning, online teaching, and online colleges. And also the links to colleges for campus-based learning (including Christian colleges).
Educational resources information links for students
Once you’ve enrolled in your chosen program, you’ll need to find learning resources online to help you. You’ll especially need these when you’re working on your assignments. You will, of course, have your course materials and the prescribed textbooks. But you’ll also need more – because it is essential that you read around the area as much as possible so as to make your learning a rich and rewarding experience. Obviously, it will be best if you can find these resources available free of charge. So that’s what the links further down this page are designed to do – to help you find those resources that you need – free or at minimal cost. With so many learning resources online, it can be difficult to sort out the useful or reliable material from that which is rubbish. That’s partly where your teachers or yor course materials can help you. But there is a limit as to how much they can do. So this web site also seeks to help you to find the best online resources for your studies.
Vocational and education training resources
Do you need help working out what you want to do, or help in getting a job, or need to locate suitable vocational and education training? Even though a degree may prepare you academically, it doesn’t provide you with all the vocation training and skills you need for a job. For those job-ready skills you really need a vocational educational course. But where should you start looking for vocational training? Wherever you live in the US and Canada, you are likely to be within driving distance of your college campus. You can find out more about the location of campuses and find one near you by clicking on the relevant links in the US universities and colleges web page.
Technology and educational teaching resources
As technology continues to evolve, the number of tools and resources continues to increase. These tools are marketed as being able to do many things from creating simple web pages to full-blown educational websites with graphics and multimedia. But beware – these tools do not replace the skills required to produce good learning content. When users of these tools are not fully equipped with curriculum development skills and knowledge, the result is poor e-learning content and poor learning outcomes. Listed below are links to teaching resources to assist in the teaching-learning process.
Want more educational resources information?
- Open Access Online Journals and Newspapers
List of education schools and programs
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Educational Studies (NITL)
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Leads to initial teacher licensure)
- M.Ed. in Elementary Education (Does not lead to initial teacher licensure)
- And more...
- Choose from 16 education degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels.
- Explore different facets of education, including curriculum development, administration, early childhood education, special education, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for bachelor’s programs and 6 weeks for master’s programs.
- Associate of Arts - Early Childhood.
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development with Differentiated Instruction
- MA Early Childhood Education Leadership
- And more...
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education
- Master of Education / Online Teaching
- Master of Education - TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- M.Ed. in Reading Specialist - Non-Licensure
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction - Teacher Leader
- M.Ed. in Student Affairs
- And more...
- One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo University offers over 50 accredited undergraduate degrees, programs and endorsements as well as master's and doctoral programs.
- Saint Leo’s undergraduate and graduate online degree programs prepare you to take advantage of growing career opportunities in a variety of in-demand fields.
- Saint Leo University provides academic excellence, flexibility, affordability, and a wide range of educational programs with financial aid and scholarships available to those who qualify.
- Saint Leo offers a 14:1 Student-Teacher Ratio to ensure you get the personal attention you deserve.
- Learn on your schedule with our 6 convenient available start dates throughout the year. Get started on earning your accredited degree today!
- MEd: Instructional Leadership & Reading
- MEd: Educational Leadership
- MS: Instructional Design
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- EDD: Curriculum and Instruction
- Education Specialist: Curriculum and Instruction/Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science: Elementary Education in Interdisciplinary Studies
- And more...
- Averett University is a top-ranked, fully-accredited institution that offers students over 30 undergraduate majors, minors and special programs, and 5 master's programs.
- Accelerated programs designed for convenience: choose from weekly evening courses at one of Averett's Virginia locations or study online and on your own time.
- Averett University was named one of Virginia’s top colleges for return on investment, and their average scholarship package lowers the cost of attendance further by almost 40%.
- Averett offers students learning experiences that mirror real-life situations. This means you can put today's lesson to the test during tomorrow’s workday.
- Averett University's 12:1 student-professor ratio makes your education a collaborative endeavor based on close relationships between students and faculty.
- B.A. Art with Teaching Certification PK-12
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) - Curriculum and Instruction
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Early Childhood Education
- And more...
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School is a private Bible college composed of undergraduate, accelerated undergraduate and graduate learners.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School's mission has remained constant since 1933:
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School offers 50+ majors, 8 academic departments and a variety of mission/ministry groups.
- Lancaster Bible College's programs offer flexible degree formats. Our programs allow you to continue working in your current field, and apply life experiences as credits in certain instances.
- Lancaster Bible College|Capital Seminary & Graduate School believes that God gave you a unique set of gifts. Now, He's giving you the opportunity to use them
- Bachelor of Science - Early Childhood Education