Educational technology is both the process of applying tools for educational purposes and the tools and materials used. An educational technology degree is ideal for professionals interested in utilizing technological innovations to support and enhance the educational process. This area of expertise is even more in demand now as e-learning becomes more popular.
These programs are available at undergraduate and graduate level. A master of educational technology is useful for professionals wishing to guide their colleagues in the application of technology in their teaching/training. And a doctoral program will prepare learners to become education leaders who strategically manage and lead processes related to the integration of technology in various learning environments. This page gives details of programs at all levels, where they can be found, and the career prospects. You might also like to check the page on instructional design.
What is studied in these programs?
Educational technology degree programs provide the knowledge and skills required to address learning needs and provide effective student learning with 21st-century technology. Theoretical input derives from instructional theory, learning theory, educational psychology, media psychology and human performance technology. With the increasing interest in online learning, programs will most likely include how to create and deliver high-tech instruction for e-learning in online environments. Programs will also include: assessing, budgeting, and evaluating education technology; integrating appropriate technology in diverse education settings; and multimedia development and implementation – from podcasts and video content to animation and games, and how different types of interactive media relate to the learning process.
Masters and doctoral programs develop analytical, critical, and innovative thinking, as well as leadership skills for effective management of educational technology projects in various workplaces including education, corporate, and government.
What are the career prospects with an educational technology degree?
Career prospects for educational technologists are good. Educational technology graduates can apply for instructional technologist and media developer positions in schools, universities, corporations and government agencies. According to the United States Department of Labor, the job growth for teachers is expected to be around 12% over the next several years
Salaries vary according to state, qualifications, and experience. Teachers in K-12 education earn an average income of $43,000 a year, but the figure is higher in some states and lower in others. Salaries also increase with experience and a teacher certification masters degree.
List of schools and programs
- Post brings 127+ years of campus success to flexible online degrees in Education
- 100% online with degrees at all levels
- Connect with other professionals in education around the world and across industries
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- Master of Education in Instructional Design & Technology
- 100% online degrees include Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Science in Education, and more.
- Students and faculty are encouraged to engage in a collaborative learning environment that promotes personal and professional growth.
- All faculty are professionals in the field of education, with PhD or EdD qualifications.
- Programs are designed to help educators at every level sharpen their teaching skills.
- MS in Education in Instructional Technology - Adult Learning - Organizations
- 100% Online Education Degrees - Ashford University
- Break new ground in your education career with your BA or MA in Education.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s & Associate's programs to prepare you for the invaluable role of guiding learners or shaping educational initiatives.
- Help Build the World's Future. Apply today!
- Curriculum & Instruction - Bachelors
- Curriculum & Instruction - Masters
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Curriculum and Teaching - Master of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Instructional Design
- Instructional Leadership - Doctor of Education
- And more...
- Instructional Design & Technology
Online Learning at Concordia University–Portland
If education is your passion, Concordia University-Portland is your university. One of the most respected names in learning today, Concordia offers several fully online Master of Education (MEd) programs—most of which can completed in one year—and a fully online Doctorate of Education (EdD) program. Our graduates stand out with the skills, integrity, and compassion necessary to meet the ever-changing needs of students today. Together, we're all making an impact in education.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Environmental Education
- M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction: Methods & Curriculum
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Get Matched to the Right Early Childhood Education, ESL/TESOL, Special Education, Education Leadership and Administration, and Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program for YOU.
- Affordable and Flexible Education and Teaching Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and You Can Find Your Perfect Education and Teaching Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!