Explore the foundations of successful management with this free online course developed by The Open University Business School – a pioneering institution that is triple accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB – and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – the leading authority on management and leadership in the UK.
The course is designed for new or aspiring managers, who wish to supplement their experience with formal training and begin thinking about their continuing professional development. The course gives you the opportunity to learn from both academic experts and experienced practitioners, who have achieved the CMI’s prestigious Chartered Manager status.
Management and Leadership: Growing as a Manager – Course Content
This course provides an introduction to the foundation skills and knowledge that you need when becoming a manager. It includes the following topics:
- The concepts of management and leadership;
- Different management and learning styles;
- The need for and importance of data as evidence in good decision making;
- Stakeholders and why they’re important;
- The on-going process of personal development planning.
The course is designed for new or aspiring managers, or experienced managers with few or no formal qualifications. It will enable you to demonstrate your continuous professional development and go on to achieve a CMI Level 5 Award.
Summary of Main Course Features
- Publisher: The Open University
- Starts: June 27. 2016
- Duration: 4 weeks x 3 hours per week
- Certificates available
- Educator: Angela Lilley
- In association with: Chartered Management Institute