Every business has a necessity for an individual with expertise in finance. Some of the different fields that relate to this are accounting, credit analysis, financial planning and financial analysis. The formations of new businesses in the future will greatly increase the demand for financial education to ensure the success of the businesses.
Finance degree programs lead to many career options with positive outlooks. This page helps you find out more about the programs, what the courses are, and what you can expect to earn. You might also like to check out the pages on financial planning, and banking. If you want to take a finance program on-campus instead of online then try also the on-campus section of the web site.
What is studied in finance degree programs?
In order to work in financial fields it is necessary to earn a degree in finance. There are four different degrees that can be earned; an Associates, Bachelors, Master’s and Doctorate. An Associates typically can be earned within two years. A Bachelors requires three to four years of education. After getting a Bachelors, one or two more years of school can achieve a Master’s or four to six more years of school can achieve a Doctorate.
In a Financial program, there are a variety of courses that must be taken. These courses include math, business management, accounting, marketing, banking and risk management, economics, and computer science classes related to finance. It is also very important for a person in financial programs to acquire problem solving and critical thinking skills.
What jobs are there for graduates?
There are many job choices for graduates depending on which degree they earn. An Associates can help get an entry-level job at a bank or other business. A Bachelors is a requirement for most companies in order to work in financial related fields. A Master’s, also known as an MBA, can lead to the best job opportunities in a financial related field. With a Doctorate, an individual has the ability to teach at junior colleges, universities, and other schools relating to business.
After receiving a financial degree, a graduate has many options. He or she can choose to open their own business or work in a financial position at a company. There are many financial positions offered by different companies. People working in credit analysis are responsible for examining financial information to help a business decide if a customer should receive credit. Financial advisors recommend how a business can best spend their money. A financial analyst considers a business’ funds and decides how they should invest or spend their funds. Regardless of which avenue a graduate decides to take it is beneficial to receive a Chartered Financial Analyst certification through the CFA Institute. This will allow for the best opportunity for advancement in financial fields.
What are the prospects for finance careers?
There are many finance jobs that have a positive outlook for the future. Financial managers are one of these jobs. According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 539, 000 Financial Manager jobs in 2008. Of these jobs, 31% were with finance and insurance companies. The amount of jobs in this field of finance is expected to grow 8% from 2008 to 2018. A majority of Financial Managers earn between $72,030 and $135,070.
Another career that has a positive outlook for the future is Financial Analyst. There were 250,600 Financial Analyst jobs in 2008. There is expected to be a 20% increase in jobs from 2008 to 2018. Most financial analysts earn between $54, 930 and $99, 100.
No matter which way a person chooses to go regarding a financial degree, it is evident they will have many different options. With an increase in the number of financial jobs, also comes an increase in the amount of people trying to earn those jobs. The higher a person goes with their education, the better chance they will have with the competition for financial jobs. It is a lot of work; however, in the end it will pay off.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Personal Financial Banking
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MHA: Finance
- MS: Finance: Financial Management
- MS: Finance: General
- And more...
- Our top-ranking program blends modern business theory with real-world experience
- Institutionally accredited by SACSCOC with ACBSP graduate business program accreditation
- High-quality, Christ-centered education with online and select on-campus & evening courses
- Qualifying bachelor's students can transfer up to 90 credit hours into their degree program
- 86% of Regent students receive some form of financial aid
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Economics
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
- M.B.A.: Finance
- B.S. in Accounting
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
At SNHU, we believe everyone should have greater access to higher education. That’s why we offer over 200 accredited degree programs, flexible class schedules, and some of the lowest online tuition rates in the nation. We offer military tuition discounts up to 30% toward online undergraduate and graduate degree programs for U.S. service members, both full and part time, and the spouses of those on active duty.
- BS Business Administration w/ Concentration in Finance
- MBA with concentration in Finance
- MS Accounting - Auditing
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting
- Suit Up! Success Waits For No One!
- Take Action Now! Find The Perfect Business Program For You
- Get Matched For Free Today!