Every business has a necessity for an individual with expertise in finance. Some of the different fields that relate to this are accounting, credit analysis, financial planning and financial analysis. The formations of new businesses in the future will greatly increase the demand for financial education to ensure the success of the businesses.
Finance degree programs lead to many career options with positive outlooks. This page helps you find out more about the programs, what the courses are, and what you can expect to earn. You might also like to check out the pages on financial planning, and banking. If you want to take a finance program on-campus instead of online then try also the on-campus section of the web site.
What is studied in finance degree programs?
In order to work in financial fields it is necessary to earn a degree in finance. There are four different degrees that can be earned; an Associates, Bachelors, Master’s and Doctorate. An Associates typically can be earned within two years. A Bachelors requires three to four years of education. After getting a Bachelors, one or two more years of school can achieve a Master’s or four to six more years of school can achieve a Doctorate.
In a Financial program, there are a variety of courses that must be taken. These courses include math, business management, accounting, marketing, banking and risk management, economics, and computer science classes related to finance. It is also very important for a person in financial programs to acquire problem solving and critical thinking skills.
What jobs are there for graduates?
There are many job choices for graduates depending on which degree they earn. An Associates can help get an entry-level job at a bank or other business. A Bachelors is a requirement for most companies in order to work in financial related fields. A Master’s, also known as an MBA, can lead to the best job opportunities in a financial related field. With a Doctorate, an individual has the ability to teach at junior colleges, universities, and other schools relating to business.
After receiving a financial degree, a graduate has many options. He or she can choose to open their own business or work in a financial position at a company. There are many financial positions offered by different companies. People working in credit analysis are responsible for examining financial information to help a business decide if a customer should receive credit. Financial advisors recommend how a business can best spend their money. A financial analyst considers a business’ funds and decides how they should invest or spend their funds. Regardless of which avenue a graduate decides to take it is beneficial to receive a Chartered Financial Analyst certification through the CFA Institute. This will allow for the best opportunity for advancement in financial fields.
What are the prospects for finance careers?
There are many finance jobs that have a positive outlook for the future. Financial managers are one of these jobs. According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 539, 000 Financial Manager jobs in 2008. Of these jobs, 31% were with finance and insurance companies. The amount of jobs in this field of finance is expected to grow 8% from 2008 to 2018. A majority of Financial Managers earn between $72,030 and $135,070.
Another career that has a positive outlook for the future is Financial Analyst. There were 250,600 Financial Analyst jobs in 2008. There is expected to be a 20% increase in jobs from 2008 to 2018. Most financial analysts earn between $54, 930 and $99, 100.
No matter which way a person chooses to go regarding a financial degree, it is evident they will have many different options. With an increase in the number of financial jobs, also comes an increase in the amount of people trying to earn those jobs. The higher a person goes with their education, the better chance they will have with the competition for financial jobs. It is a lot of work; however, in the end it will pay off.
List of schools and programs
- Boldly pursue your future in business with an online degree from Post University
- Degrees at all levels with concentrations in Finance, Marketing, and much more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans by US News & World Report
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- B.S. in Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Corporate Finance
- B.S. in Finance / Personal Financial Banking
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- BSFIN- Accelerated MS Finance
- BS in Finance
- BSFIN - Investments
- And more...
- Earn your degree online from Ashford University!
- Choose from Undergraduate and Graduate classes
- Business, Health Care, Psychology and Liberal Arts programs to choose from
- Apply Now! Classes begin every Tuesday!
- BA Finance
- MBA - Finance
- MA Accountancy - Audit
- And more...
- Specialized bachelor’s and master’s degrees that let you take more courses devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- 4 out of 5 employers of an AIU business graduate say they would hire another AIU business graduate
- Classes taught by industry specialists who bring a real-world perspective to the classroom
- Business administration programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) with the exception of Technology Management and Fashion Marketing specializations
- MBA degrees can be completed in as little as 12 months
- MBA - Finance
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Finance
- Bachelor of Accounting
- And more...
- Offers M.B.A. and bachelor’s programs in Business Administration with concentrations in Marketing, Accounting, and more
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs and Graduate Business Programs for 2017 by U.S. News and World Report
- Coursework covers topics like project management, management fundamentals, and business strategies
- Business students complete a capstone class that demonstrates their knowledge of business concepts
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- Master of Science in Accounting
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
- M.B.A.: Finance
- B.S. in Accounting
- And more...
- Our online program blends modern business theory with real-world applications
- SACS accredited with associate's, baccalaureate, & master's degrees & diplomas
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Financial Management - MBA
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
- And more...
- Launch your career in Business at Keiser University. Select from Associate, Bachelor's and Graduate Degree Options, On Campus or Online.
- Keiser University has a wide variety of Business programs including Business Administration, MBA, Accounting, Health Services Administration, and more!
- We offer you the support and flexibility you need to fit education into your busy life with our one class at a time schedule
- Keiser University has 40 years of experience in helping students reach their personal and professional goals.
- Keiser University offers practical learning experiences to prepare you for the modern workplace in a supportive, student-centered environment
- Business - Associate Degree
- Business - Bachelor Degree
- Business - Master Degree
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Accountancy with a concentration in General Accounting
- Master of Business Administration, MBA - Accounting