Every business has a necessity for an individual with expertise in finance. Some of the different fields that relate to this are accounting, credit analysis, financial planning and financial analysis. The formations of new businesses in the future will greatly increase the demand for financial education to ensure the success of the businesses.
Finance degree programs lead to many career options with positive outlooks. This page helps you find out more about the programs, what the courses are, and what you can expect to earn. You might also like to check out the pages on financial planning, and banking. If you want to take a finance program on-campus instead of online then try also the on-campus section of the web site.
What is studied in finance degree programs?
In order to work in financial fields it is necessary to earn a degree in finance. There are four different degrees that can be earned; an Associates, Bachelors, Master’s and Doctorate. An Associates typically can be earned within two years. A Bachelors requires three to four years of education. After getting a Bachelors, one or two more years of school can achieve a Master’s or four to six more years of school can achieve a Doctorate.
In a Financial program, there are a variety of courses that must be taken. These courses include math, business management, accounting, marketing, banking and risk management, economics, and computer science classes related to finance. It is also very important for a person in financial programs to acquire problem solving and critical thinking skills.
What jobs are there for graduates?
There are many job choices for graduates depending on which degree they earn. An Associates can help get an entry-level job at a bank or other business. A Bachelors is a requirement for most companies in order to work in financial related fields. A Master’s, also known as an MBA, can lead to the best job opportunities in a financial related field. With a Doctorate, an individual has the ability to teach at junior colleges, universities, and other schools relating to business.
After receiving a financial degree, a graduate has many options. He or she can choose to open their own business or work in a financial position at a company. There are many financial positions offered by different companies. People working in credit analysis are responsible for examining financial information to help a business decide if a customer should receive credit. Financial advisors recommend how a business can best spend their money. A financial analyst considers a business’ funds and decides how they should invest or spend their funds. Regardless of which avenue a graduate decides to take it is beneficial to receive a Chartered Financial Analyst certification through the CFA Institute. This will allow for the best opportunity for advancement in financial fields.
What are the prospects for finance careers?
There are many finance jobs that have a positive outlook for the future. Financial managers are one of these jobs. According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 539, 000 Financial Manager jobs in 2008. Of these jobs, 31% were with finance and insurance companies. The amount of jobs in this field of finance is expected to grow 8% from 2008 to 2018. A majority of Financial Managers earn between $72,030 and $135,070.
Another career that has a positive outlook for the future is Financial Analyst. There were 250,600 Financial Analyst jobs in 2008. There is expected to be a 20% increase in jobs from 2008 to 2018. Most financial analysts earn between $54, 930 and $99, 100.
No matter which way a person chooses to go regarding a financial degree, it is evident they will have many different options. With an increase in the number of financial jobs, also comes an increase in the amount of people trying to earn those jobs. The higher a person goes with their education, the better chance they will have with the competition for financial jobs. It is a lot of work; however, in the end it will pay off.
List of schools and programs
- Discover 31 bachelor’s and master’s degrees in all areas of business, including business administration, finance, Marketing, and more.
- 24 business degree programs are accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE).
- Business students may be eligible for scholarships such as the Entrepreneurship Scholarship.
- Degree programs are offered entirely online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- BA/Sports and Recreation Management - Finance
- Master of Science in Finance
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Finance and Economics
- M.B.A.: Finance
- B.S. in Accounting
- And more...
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Business Administration - Finance and Investing
- Bachelor of Science in Business - Accounting
- Master of Business Administration - Accounting
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- MHA: Finance
- MS: Finance: Financial Management
- MS: Finance: General
- And more...
- With ECPI, you can obtain the education needed to enter today’s global marketplace
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Ranked one of the best for vets business schools by Military Times
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Accounting - Bachelor's
- Business Administration - Bachelor's
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- MBA Finance
- MBA Accounting
- MBA Data Analytics
- And more...
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Financial Management - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Financial Management - MBA
- Financial Management - D.B.A.
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Finance
- AS Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Admin w/Con Accounting
- And more...
- Hallmark University has a modern approach to business education. Our students are "hired" on day one to a mock company and live out their education as if on the job.
- Students also gain valuable work experience having gone through real case studies from Fortune 100 companies.
- By utilizing compressed, objective-driven courses, you can complete your education in nearly half the time of a similar program at a traditional college or university.
- Each of our courses are designed to include scenario-based activities. You get to practice what you learn so you're ready for the challenges you will face when you graduate.
- Our graduates enter the workforce with experience employers desire in addition to a credible degree.
- Don't settle for learning in large lecture halls. Get the attention needed to succeed.
- Master of Business Administration - Global Management
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Doctor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Business Administration (Ph.D.)