The free online course Introduction to E-Learning Theory and Practice, by Advance Learning Academy, is an overview of internationally recognized and research-based e-learning theory and methodologies for creating effective e-learning courses.
The course includes discussion of the following topics:
- What is meant by the term “e-learning”?
- What are the benefits in creating e-learning content?
- Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Development;
- Learning in a multimedia environment;
- Identifying relevant course material using topic analysis and task analysis methodologies;
- The importance of writing learning outcomes;
- How to storyboard a course using presentation techniques such as storytelling, a scenario-based approach, a demonstration-practice method, or a toolkit approach;
- How to create different types of assessments that monitor and evaluate student learning.
This online course will be of interest to teachers, trainers and all subject matter experts who would like to learn more about the theory and practice behind designing and developing effective e-learning courses.