Are you looking for general psychology degree programs and thinking of working in a job using psychology? Psychology programs are some of the most popular amongst students. Psychology can give us some idea of why we behave in a particular way and in this way enable us to help people function more effectively. It is usually classed as a science and so the degree awarded is a bachelor of science in psychology or masters of science in psychology, but it is also possible to obtain a BA or an MA in psychology. It really depends on the exact nature of the program, the specializations offered and the department within which it is offered.
Many students who are are unable to attend on campus classes take home study psychology degrees rather than on-campus psychology degrees. This page will help you to find out more about psychology study, and locate a suitable university online or on campus psychology degree. General psychology study is possible at the associate or bachelor’s level, but most psychology jobs require qualifications at master’s or doctoral levels.
What do you study?
In a general psychology program you learn about physical, cognitive, emotional, or social aspects of human behavior. You are introduced to a variety of research methods including controlled laboratory experiments, observation, interviews, questionnaires, clinical studies, and surveys. You also learn how to administer personality, performance, aptitude, or intelligence tests.
Typical bachelor’s psychology programs online may include:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Communication
- Conditioned Learning
- Physiological Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Health Psychology
What are the career prospects?
Accredited general psychology degrees provide many career opportunities in the private sector and the public sector. The American Psychological Association says that psychology is the third fastest-growing field in America requiring a college degree. To obtain the more specialized psychology jobs you need a masters degree or a PhD. Salaries are high among the more popular specializations.
List of general psychology degree programs
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology program helps students prepare for careers in counseling, marketing/sales, human services, ministry, and more.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling received a 95% match rate for 4th year Psy.D. student internships in 2015.
- Programmatic accreditation for psychology programs is provided by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- And more...
- Pursue a Rewarding Career in a Field That Helps Individuals Better Their Lives With a Psychology Degree Online From Grand Canyon University
- Degree Emphases: General Psychology, Performance & Sport Psychology, Forensic Psychology, Geropsychology, Life Coaching and more.
- Discover how each person’s cognitive thinking is formed & influenced through class discussions and a capstone project.
- Prepare for a variety of career opportunities while studying human behavior and thought through GCU's psychology programs.
- Whether you are a full-time student or working professional, Grand Canyon University offers the flexibility you need to earn a psychology degree.
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Health Psychology
- And more...
Pepperdine University offers a values-based education that embraces the ideals of cultures worldwide through its online Master of Arts in Psychology program. Led by dedicated faculty who are active practitioners with diverse clinical experience, the online master’s in psychology curriculum allows students to develop the skills needed to assess personality and intelligence and understand mental and emotional disorders.
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!