Are you looking for general psychology degree programs and thinking of working in a job using psychology? Psychology programs are some of the most popular amongst students. Psychology can give us some idea of why we behave in a particular way and in this way enable us to help people function more effectively. It is usually classed as a science and so the degree awarded is a bachelor of science in psychology or masters of science in psychology, but it is also possible to obtain a BA or an MA in psychology. It really depends on the exact nature of the program, the specializations offered and the department within which it is offered.
Many students who are are unable to attend on campus classes take home study psychology degrees rather than on-campus psychology degrees. This page will help you to find out more about psychology study, and locate a suitable university online or on campus psychology degree. General psychology study is possible at the associate or bachelor’s level, but most psychology jobs require qualifications at master’s or doctoral levels.
What do you study?
In a general psychology program you learn about physical, cognitive, emotional, or social aspects of human behavior. You are introduced to a variety of research methods including controlled laboratory experiments, observation, interviews, questionnaires, clinical studies, and surveys. You also learn how to administer personality, performance, aptitude, or intelligence tests.
Typical bachelor’s psychology programs online may include:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Communication
- Conditioned Learning
- Physiological Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Health Psychology
What are the career prospects?
Accredited general psychology degrees provide many career opportunities in the private sector and the public sector. The American Psychological Association says that psychology is the third fastest-growing field in America requiring a college degree. To obtain the more specialized psychology jobs you need a masters degree or a PhD. Salaries are high among the more popular specializations.
List of general psychology degree programs
- Customize your coursework - select a concentration or specialization to best suit your individual and career goals.
- Learn from renowned faculty with real-world experience and expertise in their respective fields.
- Experience dynamic and engaging content through video conferencing and podcasts to engage in real-time conversation and learn to express ideas succinctly and confidently to a diverse group of peers.
- Receive robust, comprehensive career support services to help you define your career goals and leverage your new degree to the fullest.
- Ed.D. Educational Psychology and Technology
- M.S. Applied Behavior Analysis
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Forensic Psychology
- M.S. Psychology with an Emphasis in Geropsychology
- M.S. in Psychology with an Emphasis in Health Psychology
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Psychology Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!