Are you looking for general psychology online or on campus programs and thinking of working in a job using psychology? Psychology programs are some of the most popular amongst students. Psychology can give us some idea of why we behave in a particular way and in this way enable us to help people function more effectively. It is usually classed as a science and so the degree awarded is a bachelor of science in psychology or masters of science in psychology, but it is also possible to obtain a BA or an MA in psychology. It really depends on the exact nature of the program, the specializations offered and the department within which it is offered.
Many students who are are unable to attend on campus classes take home study psychology degrees rather than on-campus psychology degrees. This page will help you to find out more about psychology study online and to locate a suitable university online psychology degree. If you wish to explore the on campus general psychology programs available, go to the on-campus programs page.
General psychology study online is possible at the associate or bachelor’s level, but most psychology jobs require qualifications at master’s or doctoral levels.
What do you study in general psychology programs online?
In a general psychology program you learn about physical, cognitive, emotional, or social aspects of human behavior. You are introduced to a variety of research methods including controlled laboratory experiments, observation, interviews, questionnaires, clinical studies, and surveys. You also learn how to administer personality, performance, aptitude, or intelligence tests.
Typical bachelor’s psychology programs online may include:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Communication
- Conditioned Learning
- Physiological Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Health Psychology
What are the career prospects?
Accredited general psychology degrees provide many career opportunities in the private sector and the public sector. The American Psychological Association says that psychology is the third fastest-growing field in America requiring a college degree. To obtain the more specialized psychology jobs you need a masters degree or a PhD. Salaries are high among the more popular specializations.
List of schools and programs
- Select from nine degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level in psychology, sociology, social science, cultural anthropology, and more.
- Most degree programs are offered online in a flexible format that fits into the busy lives of working adults.
- Classes last 5 weeks for undergraduate programs and 6 weeks for graduate programs (doctoral dissertation classes last 9 weeks).
- MA Psychology
- Topped the list as Best Online Bachelor’s Program in Virginia by U.S. News & World Report in 2019.
- Regent is ranked among Top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report, 2019.
- Flexible online, on-campus and evening courses offered in 135 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Regent is recognized among Top #10 Military Friendly Schools by Military Friendly®, 2019.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $24 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid in 2017-18.
- Master of Science in General Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies - Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- And more...
- Learn how you can make a difference in the Human Services field with a degree from Post
- 100% online Human Services BS degree
- Find concentrations in Counseling, Management, Psychology & more
- Ranked in the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by the US News & World Report
- Post University earned the 2017 Military Spouse Friendly School® designation
- B.A. in Psychology
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology: Criminal Psychology
- Bachelor of Science: Psychology: Addiction and Recovery
- PHD: Psychology: General Psychology
- And more...
The Chicago School is a not-for-profit, regionally accredited institution with more than 4,285 students at campuses across the country and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science for more than 30 years. TCSPP offers more than 20 degree programs and a wealth of opportunities for international experiences.
- M.S. Applied Behavior Analysis
- Dual Degree: MA Counseling Psychology and MS Applied Behavior Analysis
- Ph.D. Applied Behavior Analysis
- And more...