Online graduate computer science programs provide flexible and convenient options for you to qualify for a profession in a rapidly changing and exciting field.
Employers are constantly seeking out those with a good education for jobs within this field. While most educational backgrounds are considered, the more education one has, the more likely they will be considered for higher opportunities. It is possible to take computer science in a variety of graduate degrees including: computer science MSc or MS, computer science MBA, and information systems MS.
This page has links to online and on campus programs at the foot of the page.
What is studied in computer science programs?
To work in the field of computer science you will have a good working knowledge of computer programming, systems analysis, networking, telecommunications, software applications, and web page design. Though most schools will have on campus programs in this field, many will choose computer science online programs for their convenience.
Students should keep in mind that while added education will offer them higher paying job opportunities, obtaining a good education will also come at some expense. So spreading the schooling out over ones career may be a good plan for some. Taking an online master in computer science allows students to do this because they can study whilst working.
Employment after completing a computer science program
Graduate computer science programs equip students to be employed in a variety of fields, and they are often snatched up immediately following graduation. Agricultural, health care, software, financial, consumer, and government companies have computer science requirements and are in need of those skilled in this area.
In recent years, the rapid range of growth in the field of computers and information technology has created an overwhelming need for professionals who are educated in this field. Bill Gates actually made a speech concerning his sentiments about whether there were enough home grown computer science talent to fill the jobs in America. Some companies are actually turning to outsourcing overseas. There is a high demand for these jobs, which are also quite well paying.
It is estimated that the size of the IT employment market in America is at its highest point ever in history. Some of the fastest growing jobs include: computer systems software engineer, computer applications software engineer, computer systems analyst, database administrator, and network systems and data communication analyst. These jobs also boast high salaries, ranging from $60,000 up to $81,000. Those with more experience can expect higher salaries, some earning over $100,000 yearly.
On average, a computer science graduate can expect to earn $34,500 when they are at the entry level. Those with more education can expect a slightly higher starting salary of around $59,000, which will grow with each added year of experience in the field.
List of schools and programs
- Take the next step in your tech career with a Master of Science from GCU.
- Choose from a focus in cybersecurity, business analytics, info tech management and more!
- Online and evening technology degrees that fit your schedule.
- Use research, critical thinking and analytical skills to solve realworld problems.
- Fostering traits in adaptability, collaboration, creativity, as well as ethical and social awareness.
- M.S. in Information Technology Management
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Data Science - MS
- Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management (MSTIM) Data Science
- Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management (MSTIM) Information Systems
- And more...