Health care degrees will prepare you for careers in this field, e.g., in dental, pharmacy, and other health and medical professions. Certification tests in addition to a degree may be required to practice in many of these areas. Study in this field will give one additional skills such as logical and technical reasoning, oral and written communication, record keeping, problem solving, research, data analysis and critical thinking.
On this page you can find where the health care (health or healthcare) programs can be taken, the career prospects, and more …
What are the job opportunities after graduating with a health care degree?
There are many job opportunities with a health care qualification. One can work for the government, in non-profit sectors, for schools, hospitals or in private practice. This area of study is very broad, one can select from a variety of specialties to focus on and practice upon graduation. Graduates of health care degrees can work in clinical or administrative positions such as healthcare administration, long term care administration, or medical reimbursement.
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, healthcare will generate more than any other industry between 2008 and 2018. Earnings in a health career vary depending on your qualifications, the size of the facility and level of responsibility. A health care degree is so flexible that it is difficult to say what the salary range is, but the range can go from $50,000 to six digits.
List of health care schools and programs
- Our mission is to develop skilled nurses who embody the best qualities of the profession
- SACS accredited with campuses in Virginia, Florida, North Carolina & South Carolina
- Two workplace externship opportunities to give you hands-on experience
- Practical Nursing (PN), Nursing Degree (ADN), and Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- And more...
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Don't let another year go by without earning your degree!
- Education Connection is here to help you find the right program—and we do it for FREE.
- We match you with online, on campus, and hybrid degree programs in your field of interest
- Take the first step by answering some quick questions about your goals.
- Get matched to online degree programs today and don’t stay stuck for all of 2018, too!